Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Looking ahead...

Default Looking ahead...

So I'm a bit of a planner...

DS will turn 1 in August, right around the time I start a new job, and he starts a new child care...ugh - too many changes at once!

I'm wondering if anyone still pumps at work after a year? Should I send bm with him to DC or just nurse when we're together? I don't want to wean until he's ready, but I'm just not sure how all this works.

TIA!
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)

Default Re: Looking ahead...

You can do it either way. I stopped pumping at about 13 mos. Partly because dd stopped taking a bottle and partly because, well, I was tired of pumping. I knew she nursed enough when we were together that she didn't need the extra milk and she ate plenty of solids so I wasn't concerned about her nutrition. By that time your supply is well regulated so you wouldn't really need to worry about your milk drying up if you didn't pump during the day. I always had plenty for when we were together and on weekends- somehow my boobs just knew it was saturday.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

You could but why make more work for yourself than you need to?
    I went back to work fulltime when DJ was 14 months old. I never pumped. He drank water while away from and breastfed on demand while together.

Way too lazy for formula

Thanks ladies! This is what I was hoping to do...pumping got old really fast and I don't want to do it if it's not necessary!
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)

I do pump at work. My little guy (now 17 mos.) was a really slow starter on solids so he really needed the milk through about 14 months. I pump just once during the day, but I'm considering dropping that out in the near future.

I stopped pumping when DS was 16 mo old.

I'd been sending EBM to preschool in sippy cups - and he wasn't drinking more than an ounce or two so pumping seemed pretty futile.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)