Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Words of encouragement

Default Words of encouragement

I had to take my sniffly and exhausted two year old with me to get groceries this afternoon, and the poor guy was having a hard time. Finally, when I was just beginning to entertain the notion of walking away from the grocery cart and leaving the store and just dealing with the lack of food at home, he puts his arm around my shoulder, puts his other hand on my breast and says, "Mama milk?...Help Lorenzo feel happy..." It just melted me, and made me so grateful for the nursing relationship we still share.

Today is the 2nd anniversary of the day we brought him home from the NICU, after a harrowing bout of aspirate pneumonia, and it was such a gift to hear directly from him how important the breastfeeding we worked so hard at in the beginning has been...
    Mama to Lorenzo, born 4/25/2007. NICU graduate, Gastro-Esohapgeal Reflux, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Sensory Processing Disorder...alive and thriving thanks to breastfeeding and co-sleeping.

Those who say it can't be done should not interrupt the person doing it.
    Chinese Proverb

Default Re: Words of encouragement

That is just the sweetest thing!!!! Yep, he has you wrapped around his little finger, doesn't he!?! What a great way to remember this "anniversary". All the worry I'm sure you had, and here he is healthy and strong and loving his momma's milk.
    Our blessings from God!
    Kylee was born September, 2006 - 9 lbs. 12 1/2 oz, 21 inches long.
    Kiefer was born January, 2008 - 6 lbs. 14 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.
    He was diagnosed with a severe peanut allergy at 12 1/2 months old. Others later discovered.
    And I am even more blessed by being married to my best friend and the most honorable man I've ever known.

"The hand that rocks the cradle rules the world." - Abraham Lincoln

That is a wonderful story Mama. I know that you and your lo have been through the wringer. It is so nice to hear right from your son what a comfort nursing is.. Your hard work and refusal to give up has rewarded both of you with a relationship that is about so much more than milk.
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Good for you Mama!! You should be so proud of all that you have accomplished. You made it through such a rough time and now your little guy is showing all his appreciation. Happy day, happy nursing!!!
    Alene
    LLL Leader

That is such a sweet story. Congratulations on a wonderful two years of nursing!
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

What a beautiful story! Congrats on 2 years!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

What a sweet little boy you have. And so smart! Nursing a toddler is just great, isn't it.
    Canadian mom and breastmilk fan.
    We have 2 beautiful children: Luana who's 9 y/o, had breastmilk for 2 years and is smart as a whip. Lucas who came out kickin', is 4 y/o and continues to enjoy his milkies.