Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question on WHO charts

Default Re: Question on WHO charts

llowe:

Thank you again for your words!

OK, well Zachary has NEVER EVER ate things that are mushy...matter of fact he never ate baby food for that exact reason, does not eat yogart because of it too, nothing muchy will the kid eat. He likes crunchy, mostly...though even now that's changing a bit.

Even things like spagattii (SP'd) he does not eat if they are "to done" and pancakes well he basically likes them cut up enough that he can just swallow so he never gets them any more muchy than they already are.

He eats, chicken nuggets, french fries, pretzles, chips, pancakes, rice crispies, cheese, spagattii (SPD), baloney, corn, green beans, and has just started with bannas, grapes, and watermelon and SOMETIMES ice cream...all this is just sometimes, though like I said he has been increasing over the past 2 months, which is good.

He eats little to NO meat at all, not to many veggies or fruits...though more now than he used to. He also eats bread, but refuses things like cake/cookies MOST of the time. Oh he also loves candy, and franky I dont deny that, as much as maybe I should since he IS so small...(Though dont think I give him that all the time, we dont)...

Zachary is NOT that tall either, he is just above the 3% for height and just under for weight...from the regular charts, I will measure him again tonight to see what the WHO chart says for height, since I cant remember what it was last week when we checked it.

As for sneeking caleries, yep we do that...add oil or butter to pasta after cooked, try to add butter to things he eats IF he will not notice...that kind of thing...however 9 times out of ten, he will not eat it unless it is supper well hidden like the oil in pasta...if its butter on bread and he did not ASK for it, your doomed to a NO eating meal at all...no matter what you do.

I will look for that book! Sounds intresting!

PS sorry for the butchered words, in a hurry!

BTW how long did it take you to notice effects from the pills? I started today, it cant hurt right?

I don't remember exactly how long it took to notice a difference with the fenugreek, but it was definitely less than a week. I think I tried just 2 capsules 3x/day for a few days and didn't notice much so upped to three. It was probably a couple days after increasing to three that it seemed to work.

Cool, well I did 2 times today with 3...so I hope to see something going on. I need to get some more! Can you get them locally?

You can get them at GNC or at any store that sell natural stuff.

They might even have the fenugreek at your local drug store or grocery. Our grocery carries it in their natural foods section. Anyplace you'd look for other herbal stuff would likely have it. The Breastfeeding Answer Book lists the recommended dosage as 2 to 4 capsules, 3x per day. So I think effective dose varies from person to person. If you don't notice a difference with what your taking after a few days, you can try adding a little more.

Do you have an oral motor program to do with your son? That's part of my DS's therapy. We have a nuk brush that we're supposed to use for decreasing sensitivity in his mouth and work on moving his tongue each day. I think it has helped some. In the beginning it was very hard to even get the thing in his mouth (same as with tooth brushing), but now he isn't too bothered by it. We kind of make it a game.

It's funny how the things your son will take are often opposite of my son. Mine only likes the soft things--not much crunchy . He tends to gag if he gets something solid on the back of his tongue.