Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yogurt

Default yogurt

Hi,

My LO is now 8 months old. I was thinking of introducing yogurt. What kind of yogurt would you recommend? What brand?

TIA!
    I'm Anna
    Proud mama to my 2 little high needs "koala bears":

Ethan born 8/23/08
    Bfed for 22 months, weaned with love 7/2010

Lucas, born 1/6/11
    Nursing strong for 19 MONTHS!

Cloth diapering 1 full-time even though I'm constantly ! Currently in potty training mode. We also and

Default Re: yogurt

We do unsweetened plain greek yogurt and then add a little agave to sweeten it a little. yum yum!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Oh, and we use Greek Gods Organic
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

We generally give plain whole milk yogurt- whatever brand I can find. I usually mix in some frozen berries and honey, though I didn't put the honey in until she was well over a year old.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I look at the ingredients and buy whatever sounds best at the time

I know I don't want aspartame or other artificial sweeteners. I want to see "milk" not "milk ingredients". And if there is sugar I want to make sure that it's not only actual sugar but that it's pretty far down the list.
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

My DD LOVES the Yo Baby Organic yougurt. They have a good amount of flavors to choice from and some even include cereal in the mix. Yum..Yum..to naturally organic foods!
    First time mom of Cristiana Veronika

Born on 1/26/08 (@ 36 wks) weighing 5 lbs 14 oz

and

+ = happy baby

I don't mean to take over the thread - I just have a related question

I was under the impression that it was best to stray from dairy & other major allergens (wheat, soy) for the first year. After that, no problem. Obviously this is not a common practice. But does it help prevent possibility of allergies?
    Nursed for 18 months

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hiranmayii View Post
    I don't mean to take over the thread - I just have a related question

I was under the impression that it was best to stray from dairy & other major allergens (wheat, soy) for the first year. After that, no problem. Obviously this is not a common practice. But does it help prevent possibility of allergies?
    I think it depends on the allergies that run in your family. I've had DD on whole wheat bread since about 9 months old. We waited for yogurt and any dairy until the yr for reflux reasons more than for allergy reasons. Most of DD's little friends were on yogurt before they turned a yr.
    First time mom of Cristiana Veronika

Born on 1/26/08 (@ 36 wks) weighing 5 lbs 14 oz

and

+ = happy baby

dr sears has a great page on his web site about why yogart is ok for younger babies something to do with the cooking of the milk..

http://www.askdrsears.com/html/4/t045700.asp

I do greek yogurt too, and I mix in fruit purees that I make. Both organic of course! My LO didn't like the yobaby, too runny. She's a diva, though.
    DD (7/23/08) self weaned at 17 months
    DS (6/20/10) nursing like a champ