Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: What's your feeding schedule for DC while you're working?

Default What's your feeding schedule for DC while you're working?

What is your feeding schedule like for DC when you're working? My DD is 6 months and we are still doing 3.5 - 4oz of BM in a bottle every 2-3 hours with 2 small servings of solids a day. I am getting a lot of slack from others that she is not getting enough ounces.... but none of them understand the idea of breasfeeding. Just want to see what others are doing.

Thanks!

Default Re: What's your feeding schedule for DC while you're working?

That sounds like plenty of milk to me. You don't necessarily have to increase the amount of milk your baby is given as she gets older because your milk changes and becomes more concentrated as your baby grows- as opposed to formula which you have to give more of as baby grows. People who are used to formula fed babies don't necessarily know that. Also, breastfed babies often eat less during the day while they are away from mom and make up for it with extra nursing in the evenings or during the night.

As long as your baby is having 5-6 wet diapers per day she is getting plenty of milk.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous