Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Supply drop since Monday

Default Supply drop since Monday

Well it's Wedsneday and I am still getting really low milk when I pump I used to get 4-5 oz when I pump in the morning and then 10oz while I'm at work. Now I am only getting hardly 3oz in the morning and barely 8oz at work I don't know what happened?! Will it come back?? I am still eating oatmeal, taking Fenugreek 3pills 3x a day, drinking lots of water, and pumping 3x a day at work. Any thought/ideas/suggestions???

Default Re: Supply drop since Monday

Could you possibly be about to start your period? That always caused a dip in my pumping output.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

I guess that could be. Haven't had one yet...it's been so nice When does that normally kick in? I am on bc.

What type of birth control are you on and how long have you been on it? Sometimes certain types of birth control can cause low supply issues.

How old is your LO? How long have you been back to work?
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I can't remember the name but it's a low dose b/c. I have been on it since about 6 weeks after I had my LO. I returned to work when he was around 5 months, he is now 10 months. I have a good back up stash in the freezer. But I am just so frustrated because I have no idea why this is happening Still low today...

Are you pumping almost exclusively? How often do you BF?

I hate to say it, but this same thing happened to me too. I ended up going on Domperidone and that did bring my supply back up.

I think that our bodies just give out to the pump...

sorry mama.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi

During the week I nurse once in the morning while I pump the other side. I pump 3x at work. Then I nurse both sides once in the evening. But on weekends I nurse exclusively, but only 4x a day now. He does have 1-2 jars of solids with some finger foods a day also. Domperidone, is that the same as Reglan? How much do you take? How long do you take it?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amberlina View Post
    Domperidone, is that the same as Reglan? How much do you take? How long do you take it?
    It is the same idea...but dom doesn't have the possible side effect of depression that reglan can have. Here is some info about it from Dr Jack Newman.

Personally I take a lower dose than is usually recommended and I still have good output. I take 7 pills a day. I have been on it since December.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

How long should I wait before I do something to boost my supply (like take meds)???