Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Need Help!

Unhappy Need Help!

Hi My Son is nine months old. He has not shown much interest in BF lately. I finally figured out why, my milk has dwindled. He is now having some weight issues. He dropped from the 50th percentile to the 25%. I don't want to supplement with formula so I need to get my supply replenished. He does eat baby food also. I am a stay at home mom so I can do what ever is needed. When he is getting "booJu" (boobie juice) he'll take a couple sucks and wants to go play. He is experimenting with different nursing positions like standing while eating! He thinks he's pretty cool. He is a very active baby.

I would love some advice
    Amber

Unhappy Re: Need Help!

OOPs! I forgot to add that I have recently been workinh on weight loss. I beleive that to be the culprit of the lactation problem. I am eating healthy all day long. I am doing weightwatchers and using my extrapoints for nursing moms. I would like to continue to lose weight, because I am extremely overweight and it is affecting my colesterol, triglicerites, and energy level. Will I be able to continue eating healthy and get my milk supply back????

Default Re: Need Help!

the best thing to try is to get the baby to nurse more often.
    Does he sleep all night?
    Some babies will nurse longer at nap time if you laydown and relax with them.
    my dd I would lay down with and take a nap and sometimes I could get her to nurse again before we got up from the nap.
    any way you are pg? Some moms find thier milk supply drops when they are pg.

Default Re: Need Help!

I agree with andrea_ohio about frequent nursing. Also dont stress youself, take good rest/sleep, make sure you drink plenty of water. All of the above has helped me keeping my supply good.

Probably, you should cut down some solids (if he is having good quantity) too and offer more breasts.