Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Goats Rue: anyone have info on it?

Question Goats Rue: anyone have info on it?

Has anyone tried Goats Rue for increasing breast milk production? I want to know if it is any more helpful than all the other things I have tried or if it would be a waste of time to try. I don't want to increase my breast size, which I hear this herb can do. But if it would help, I would certainly try it. Or if anyone has any other suggestions, I would love to hear it!
    History:
    I have a 6 month old who I have had to give formula supplements to since she was 4 weeks old.: She wasn't gaining weight and started out small anyway at 6lb 3oz. ( I've tried Fenugreek, blessed thistle, root beer, oatmeal, domperidone (Can't tolerate the reglan) and I pump after every feeding and sometimes in between. I also use breast compression while I pump. I just got a PIS pump, so hopefully it will be more helpful than the one I was using. Right now she takes 8 to 12 ounces of formula every day on top of my breastmilk. I would love for her to be exclusively BF, but I know it might not be possible. She nurses every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day and sleeps 11 hours at night. She also takes 1 or 2 tablespoons of cereal with fruit and a few tablespoons of vegetables every day. Thanks for any info you can give on the goats rue!!!

Default Re: Goats Rue: anyone have info on it?

The info that I have states that Goats Rue is known to increase glandular tissue. There may be a couple of posts about this on the relactation forum.