Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please share your weaning story

Default Re: Please share your weaning story

that story, it makes me feel better about weaning my little bug

reading all your stories makes me sad and mad at myself for thinking she should be weaning. My DD is 13 mo and I am following her lead nursing 3-4 times per day. The last 3 days her noon session has been 1/2 as long as usual so I believe I am about to lose that one. She already removed her post pm nap one. So that will leave us with am, 2 naps and pre bedtime.
    Theresa with moby wrapmy little so I can work too
    13mos and counting

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*theresa.bug View Post
    reading all your stories makes me sad and mad at myself for thinking she should be weaning. My DD is 13 mo and I am following her lead nursing 3-4 times per day. The last 3 days her noon session has been 1/2 as long as usual so I believe I am about to lose that one. She already removed her post pm nap one. So that will leave us with am, 2 naps and pre bedtime.
    Mine dropped a bunch of nursing around the same age, then picked it up again a few months later. You really can't predict how it will play out, I think at around 13-14 months they are super curious!
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

My little guy was sick and decided that he didn't want anything to do with my boob. He was down to morning, noon, and night nursing but i was hoping to gradually phase them out. The last time I tried and he turned his head away was the saddest thing for me because somehow I knew that he wouldn't want to again. Good luck to you--its a hard and sad thing when they want to quit!!
    Mama to Aidan - 13 months

At 10.5 months, DD was nursing around 12 times per day. I partially night-weaned her, going from 5-8 feedings/night to 1. It took 3 nights of me popping her into her crib nursed, warm, changed, and AWAKE, and then listening to her cry with rage while I comforted her without using the breast, before she consented to a sleep schedule I could tolerate.

As time went on and DD got interested in solids, we dropped a lot of feeds. At 18 months, we were down to 4 feeds a day- morning, nap, bedtime, and 3 a.m.. While visiting my parents, I asked my mom to take DD for me during the morning so I could sleep in. (I my mom!!!) DD was so excited to go and play with grandma that she forgot all about the morning feed. It only took a week.

At 2 years, DD was nursing 3 times a day when I weaned her from her last night feeding, which was a brief one and usually took place between 3 and 6 a.m.. It took about a month of me sleeping in her room and comforting her when she woke before she accepted that night-nursing was over.

At 2.5 years, DD was nursing 2 times/day. She dropped another feed- the nap feed- because she stopped napping.

We were down to 1 feeding per day except when DD was sick- then she boosted her demand back up again.

At 3 years, 2 months, DD suddenly started to prefer cuddles and stories from papa to nursing before bed. She has nursed maybe 10 times since she suddenly made that choice, and at this point I consider her weaned, even though I still have a little bit of milk and even though I will nurse her if she asks for it.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"