Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with Relactating

Default Re: Help with Relactating

Kristina,

Thanks for that post detailing your relactation! That is SO, SO, SO encouraging!! You did awesome I hope I have half the success you had. I'll be happy just about that!

I think I have one of those little medicine cups that has the different measurements so once I am getting more than 2 drops, I'll start using it to keep track. I love that idea!

I ordered some Dom this past Thursday so hopefully in the next 2 weeks I can really get things going. I'm also trying to figure out which herbal supplements to take. Are you familiar with the Motherlove ones? Some of theirs look really good.

Anyway, I'm definitely encouraged by your post so thanks!!

~Wendy

I relactated and make about 12 oz a day. I really think the amount you make has to do with how much of a supply you had to begin with before weaning. I only bf my second baby for about 2 weeks. I take dom and I know that without it I don't think I would have had much success. At the beginning I would pump every 2-3 hours and at night every 4-5. It's slow progress at first, I would use a syringe to measure how much I was making, now I get about 3 oz everytime I pump. Once you have milk definately try to get your baby to breast. I really think if I could have gotten my son to breast I would have probably been exclusively bf but the pump just isn't effective as the baby. BUT saying that it is definately rewarding to see him eat breastmilk that I make for him. Anyways good luck! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11

Thanks for the response I only bf for about 2 days so I never built up a supply with this baby. I also believe that I won't make as much b/c of that but I have to try. And any I get that I can give to him, will be worth it. Good for you for relactating!! It's such hard work!

Wendy
    ~mama to dd(8), dd(6), & ds (almost 6 mos)

How are you doing momma?
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Thanks for checking on me

I have been pumping for just over a month. I took Reglan for 2 weeks & then stopped that once I received Domperidone. So, I've been on the Dom for just over 2 weeks. I am currently pumping about 1-2 tsp a day. I've been super busy lately so my pumping schedule hasn't been the greatest but I seem to get just a little more everyday Some days it is just so hard to get very many pumping sessions in! I figured up that I am spending about 3 hours a day pumping & I've had to get real comfortable pumping in the back seat of my van

Thanks again!

what really helped me i think was after i would pump i would do hand expression, in the eairly days when i was getting that much i could get just as much as i did pumping as hand exp. after, so i really recomend that
    Kristina Jeremiah since 2-18-1998
    Mother to
    2-02
    Gavin 1-03 Nursed 2.5mo
    Keean 5-04 BCLP
    Alexis 12-06 Nursed 12mo THEN
    Relactated after 5mo(due to her dairy intol.) and ended up making 30oz a day
    Now we are Weaned! AGAIN!
    Kason 6-2-10
    Birth..8 lbs 5.9 oz
    4 wks.... 10 lbs 12 oz
    9 wks.... 13 lbs 14 oz
    15wks... 16 lbs 4 oz
    17wks... 17 lbs 2 oz
    6 mo..... 19 lbs 6 oz
    7 mo .....20 lbs 3 oz

Thanks for the advice

I've tried hand expression & just can't get one single drop out that way I'm not sure what to think about that.

I'm still at 1-2tsp. per day & I've been pumping for 6 weeks. Hopefully. I start seeing some signs of more milk soon!!