Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Would this be weird to ask someone???

Default Would this be weird to ask someone???

My son has been in daycare now for 7 days and isn't doing well at all. He refuses the bottle and I go up on my lunch to nurse him which I don't mind, but here is my questions....

would it be wrong for me to ask this new employee that just started there if she is still nursing her son and if so would she be weirded out by me asking if she would be interested in nursing my son when he is hungry? I know this girl, but not well... she is my 6 month old sons afternoon daycare teacher and I know her son is 15 months old. What would you think if someone ask you that. It's just getting so frustrating as he needs more then just one nursing session in an 8 hour period... Just a thought... How would you go about asking her so you wouldn't freak her out or make her feel really weird.... Thanks for any input... Would love to have answers today as I see her tonight when I pick my boys up..

Just wanted to add that it's a small daycare part of a church and all employees have to have a physical and drug screening when they are 1st hired and then random drug testing... Also other girls at the daycare that I know very well have always spoken highly of her... Should I ask one of them what they think she would say ? before asking her?
    Last edited by @llli*ajscarver; April 22nd, 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Default Re: Would this be weird to ask someone???

IMO, yes wierd, and I just wouldn't be comfortable with someone I hadly know Nursing my child.... JM2C

but if you are working an 8 hour shift and i believe you said the DC is only 5 min away could you maybe speak with your boss and instead of 2 small breaks and a full lunch hour, take 2 or 3 smaller breaks to go nurse your son???

IMO this is a much less wierd question and definately one i would purse before asking someone else to nurse my son....

with whatever you decide
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

This is a difficult one, so I can only really answer what I would do personally. I would probably ask one of the other girls what they thought, but if I was the other babys' mum, I would probably say yes, depending on the circumstances.
    However, there are millions of other issues to do with supply and 15 mo v 7mo milk that one of the mods on here would know a lot more about plus plenty of other stuff I haven't even considered.
    I hope you find a solution!
    Proud mummy to Lillypig, in love with my best friend and partner, Batfink
    One year done, and still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    IMO, yes wierd, and I just wouldn't be comfortable with someone I hadly know Nursing my child.... JM2C

but if you are working an 8 hour shift and i believe you said the DC is only 5 min away could you maybe speak with your boss and instead of 2 small breaks and a full lunch hour, take 2 or 3 smaller breaks to go nurse your son???

IMO this is a much less wierd question and definately one i would purse before asking someone else to nurse my son....

with whatever you decide
    good idea!
    Proud mummy to Lillypig, in love with my best friend and partner, Batfink
    One year done, and still going strong.

Would it be weird?? In what sense. I will say that it would be the first time she's ever been asked that But as a nursing mom I am sure she will see that you are not a weirdo! You are a concerned mom. It will be clear that your intentions are for the nutrition of your LO. If I were you, I would go for it. But also I would somehow express that I was nervous about asking, too, because it IS such an uncommon practice today (in our locale).

If you can get another break, great. Still. Once again in your shoes I would want the security of knowing that there was breast available in event that baby just NEEDS it.

My lo was refusing the bottle at daycare too but I was able to BF 3x. I KNOW you are going through some emotional rollercoasters. Just breathe deep when you are unable to do anything else and everything WILL be ok. Hugs!
    Last edited by @llli*hiranmayii; April 22nd, 2009 at 03:56 PM.
    Nursed for 18 months