Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Manual pump reccommendations?

Default Manual pump reccommendations?

We're going to a theme park in May and leaving the peanut with grandma. Does anyone have any suggestions for a manual pump? I will just need to pump two or three times to keep the supply rolling and do not want to have to find a place to plug in the Pump in Style!

Thanks,
    Stacy

Default Re: Manual pump reccommendations?

Replying to subscribe to my own thread. Duh.

I really liked the Avent Isis, but you'd probably have to buy new bottles to go with it, since it doesn't fit normal sized bottles. It's super easy to use and comfy, though.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I really liked the Avent Isis, but you'd probably have to buy new bottles to go with it, since it doesn't fit normal sized bottles. It's super easy to use and comfy, though.
    I love my Isis, too. We don't use the Avent bottles, but I pump into their VIA containers and then DH pours the milk into our other bottles to give DD. If you're dumping the milk you'd really only need one or two containers, I suppose.
    I have heard the Medela Harmony is supposed to be good too, and I assume it would be compatible with your PIS containers and stuff. I have no personal experience with it, though.
    I'm jealous of your trip! I love theme parks. Have fun!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on