Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: pump is dying

Default Re: pump is dying

You may want to check with a local lactation consultant/pump rental station. They often stock replacement parts and may be able to help you troubleshoot what's going on.

Mary

i agree with jentut...sometimes some parts just need to be replaced in order for the suction to get better...so you might want to look into replacing the valves (and other parts) rather than buying a whole new one if you're not expecting another child anytime soon.

Thanks everyone for your advice.

I think I am going to try replacing the white valves. I last replaced them four or five months ago, so it may be time again.

The suction is definitely failing because I use to be able to wear both cups and free up my hands (yes- it was quite the balancing act but I mastered it). Now, as soon as I take my hands away, the suction is broken and the flange falls off!

Now I'm starting to doubt my supply because I think DD is self-weaning (see post "Self Weaning?" in Extended Feeding) and the demand isn't there anymore. I've noticed my breasts don't feel as full and my let downs are barely noticeable (they use to HURT they were so forceful!-this was only about two weeks ago).