Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lactation Station!

Default Lactation Station!

Hi all! I know many of you struggle with finding good places to pump. I'm truly not trying to brag, but I used my work's lactation station today, and it was great. They just built a new building, and there is a room for nursing or pumping. It's got outlets, a phone, a sink, magazines, little wipes, a computer comfortable chairs. All for nursing moms!! The light is nice, it has a privacy lock, it's just great.

I know so many of us work so hard to pump. I just wanted all of you who struggle to know that the world is catching up with us, and that in some places, a pumping station isn't some dusty dirty closet. Keep up your hard work, if we keep doing this, maybe more change like this will happen.
    Ellen

Mama-surgeon;
    DS Ethan 12/16/2008
    Breast fed/pumped 11 months as a surgical resident, 80 hours a week at work
    DS Abram Daniel 12/20/2012
    Feel like we've gotten a strong start

Default Re: Lactation Station!

How cool.

We just keep doing it and it will be "back to normal".

That is great! Thanks for sharing.

*insert jealous smiley here*

Really, though, that is too, too cool!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

That's awesome mama! *insert jealous smiley here*

Just curious... do you work in a hospital or healthcare? Seems to me like hospitals are more inclined to have a lactation room than most other employers... After baby #2 is born this October, I will have to scope out a new place to pump here at work... the private office I used to use to pump (which was previously vacant) is now occupied, so that is something I'll have to work on.

Buff
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Isn't it great? We have those facilities at my employer as well (a large financial services company). There is a private lactation room on each floor. It is inside one of the restrooms and you have to have special badge / card access to get into the lactation room (as approved by the occupational health department). There is a refrigerator, carpeted floor, table/chair, sink, it's great. I'll be using it when I return from my upcoming maternity leave! We are very fortunate to have such facilities.
    Mommy to William, 4/29/09, 7 lbs 13 oz, 21 inches.
    Mommy to Evan, 3/18/06. 7 lbs 3 oz, 21 1/4 inches.
    Nursed both boys to 14 months
    Birth Doula
    Wisconsin!

I'm a nurse of maternity floor and we have a pumping room. It is really nice, it has 2 recliners a couch and a tv. They also supply the pumps so we have 2 symphony pumps and one lactina. Very nice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I am Kate
    Wife to Jason
    Mom to Aubrey 4/06 queen
    Mom to Nathan 5/08 Relactated for him and he got EBM for a year
    Mom to Jack 8/11