Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Getting More Milk When Pumping

Default Getting More Milk When Pumping

Ok so why haven't I ever read this article?????

I was looking at some other info and stumbled upon this!

the best part was:

Incorporate the "Massage-Stroke-Shake" (M-S-S) technique as taught by Chele Marmet, an LLL Leader and co-Director of the Lactation Institute in Encino, California, USA: Double-pump for 5 to 7 minutes. Stop. Massage both breasts simultaneously in a circular motion similar to a breast self-exam. Stroke both breasts all the way around from the chest wall to the tip of the nipple in a straight line using only your fingertips. Then cup each breast with your hand, lean forward, and gently shake your breasts. Repeat by pumping another 5-7 minutes and M-S-S. Finish by pumping 5-7 minutes.
    If your pump parts include a flange insert for a smaller areola, use the inserts for the middle pumping to stimulate the areola and the milk sinuses located behind the nipple. The hands-on, M-S-S technique stimulates an increase in prolactin levels, which in turn increases milk production.
    Mothers whom I've helped to use this technique report an increase in milk pumped in a short amount of time.
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Default Re: Getting More Milk When Pumping

Yeah - I saw this too, but how to do this when hooked up in a hands free pumping bra??
    Do I have to take the bra off and MSS??
    This session would take over 30mins this way??
    Anyone have further suggestions??

We've made it 1 YEAR

A newborn baby has only three demands. They are warmth in the arms of its mother, food from her breasts, and security in the knowledge of her presence. Breastfeeding satisfies all three. ~Grantly Dick-Read

Stacey

Married to DH since 2001
    Mommy to Mikki 2006
    Mommy to Xander 2008

Default Re: Getting More Milk When Pumping

oh wow...idk.
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)