Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Leaving ds overnight

Default Leaving ds overnight

Hi ladies,

I have a wedding to go to. This isn't until June 27, but I'm thinking ahead, on how exactly to get enough milk for my ds. I'll be leaving him late afternoon, and be gone until late morning/early afternoon the next day. At this time, he'll be about 4 1/2 months old, so I'm not sure yet how much I'll need to pump for him. Actually, I don't know if I'll even know at the time how much to pump. So I guess that's my first question--how will I know how much I should leave for him? And my other question is, how do I go about getting all those bottles? Should I just pump a bottle a day for a few days? I wasn't worried about not having enough for him until today, when I pumped a bottle (he took it great from daddy for the first time!) and he downed 4oz in about 10 minutes, and then wanted to eat again a short time later. Any advice?

Punky
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

Default Re: Leaving ds overnight

I have to ask this question. Why can't baby come with you? Or at least travel with you and be cared for by someone else while your there (assuming your in the wedding party)?
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Actually, I'm not in the wedding party although dh is. I'm sure if I needed to bring him along it'd be fine with the bride and groom (although it is a "no children" wedding), but as terrible a parent as I might sound like, I've really been looking forward to going and having a good time kid-less! I have an older ds (he'll be just over 2), and we have our baby sitter lined up to take care of the 2 of them, and she's rather thrilled about it actually... Anyway, I guess I just never considered taking him.

Punky
    Mommy to L - May 7, 07' , B - February 7, 09' , and R - August 18, 12'

4 1/2 months is really young to be away from mama for 24 hours and logistically pumping to keep up supply while gone is going to be hard. If it were me, anyone close would understand baby with me or no show for the wedding.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sixyearplan View Post
    4 1/2 months is really young to be away from mama for 24 hours and logistically pumping to keep up supply while gone is going to be hard. If it were me, anyone close would understand baby with me or no show for the wedding.
    Maybe your sitter can come along to keep an eye on the kids close by??
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.