Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: he did it... sorta

Thumbs up he did it... sorta

so after not pressuring chase into nursing, i started wondering if he'd ever get the hang of it. well tonight i couldnt find my nipple shield so i almost didnt try tonight but then i got a bright idea. i took the nipple off the bottle he'd been drinking and put it on my boob. i figured maybe he would learn that my boobs=food that way and guess what... HE SUCKED!!!! now it didnt give me a lot of stimulation but thats okay. i figured out that once i get the sns i can do that for a little while then remove the nipple from the bottle and use the nipple shield and then remove that. we should be ready to rock and roll now

Default Re: he did it... sorta

Yay for you! That is great news Ohh, he's so cute!!!!!! How old is he? Mine is 7.5 months and has got the hang of feeding with a shield. Today he actually BIT my nipple without the shield, so hey, it's progress!
    Last edited by Joybells; August 29th, 2006 at 02:09 AM.

he will be three months on the fifth. he used to be able to use the sheild but then i dried up so now he wont take to it becuse he knows there is no milk. (but i couldnt find it anyway yesterday) oh and by the way thanks

I tried to get Gideon to latch on today without the shield, he bit me! But maybe that's progress? I'm having so much trouble with him biting, it's not so bad with the shield but without it I think it could really hurt. Someone suggested I may be positioning him wrong. I guess I'll have to try some new things.
    How long have you been relactating for? Is it going well? I'm on my 6th day (I think?) and have started getting drops of milk. I hope it increases soon!

that's great! lots of luck to you !
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Quote Originally Posted by Joybells
    How long have you been relactating for? Is it going well? I'm on my 6th day (I think?) and have started getting drops of milk. I hope it increases soon!

TOO LONG!!!! i have been working at it for alost a month now and am still getting less then an oz. i am going to try to get an sns but who knows when i will get it or even how it will work. he screams EVERY TIME he's at the breast and i get really frusterated which i know just makes it worse. i try not to but who knows... i am going to keep working at it and maybe someday will be able to get him to nurse at least part of the time...

It's really hard, isn't it? I just keep remembering that even if he won't latch on properly to feed at least I can still express milk and bottle feed him with it (that is, once there is more than 5 drops to express!)
    It sounds like you've made really good progress though, going from nothing, or very little, to approaching an ounce is still excellent work!