Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No use crying over spilled milk.....

Default No use crying over spilled milk.....

Who ever came up with that one surely was not a pumping mama... I spilled 2 1/2 oz this morning and let me tell you i sobbed like a baby!!
    Meri

WE , ,, and now

Proud BF mommy to Mason and Graham
    Check out my blog

Default Re: No use crying over spilled milk.....

I've done that before, too. I laid the bottle down to grab a cap and my elbow knocked the whole 5 oz bottle onto the (newly cleaned) carpet! I was sooooooo mad and frustrated. It's good you can see a little humor in it, though, as I could later too. Now I have a good stash and am not so worried, but back then I was frantic...
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)

Oh, mama, I totally agree with you. Once I accidentally forgot about a 4 ounce bottle of breastmilk in my DD's daycare bag, and discovered it the next day after it had been left out overnight and was clearly room temperature, beyond hope of saving it. I was SO mad/sad about it, that I didn't even throw it away right away. I put it back in the frig for a few days until I had time to "mourn" the loss of that milk, before I could finally bring myself to throw it away. Believe me, I know EXACTLY what you mean about crying over spilled milk!
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*buff24 View Post
    I was SO mad/sad about it, that I didn't even throw it away right away. I put it back in the frig for a few days until I had time to "mourn" the loss of that milk, before I could finally bring myself to throw it away.
    I have done that too, it was like paying homage to it! Stare at it for awhile and hope it makes itself okay again!! If only it worked that way.
    Meri

WE , ,, and now

Proud BF mommy to Mason and Graham
    Check out my blog

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*merisue View Post
    I have done that too, it was like paying homage to it! Stare at it for awhile and hope it makes itself okay again!! If only it worked that way.
    Yep, it's just so frustrating when something like that happens... you work SOOOOO hard to put the milk IN the bottle in the first place, then to make a silly mistake (like leaving the bottle in the diaper bag ) and end up wasting it is a terrible feeling.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

DH laughs at how careful I am with bm, but seriously - the few times I've had accidents, it was devastating!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

losing milk that you've worked hard to pump is always sad. i had to throw away my entire stash (about 20 5oz bottles and 15 2oz) a few months ago, b/c of allergy issues and diet changes for me. had to start stash from scratch when i cut out dairy, soy, nuts, etc.. OMG i was so sad, i had to ask dh to throw it in the dumpster when i wasn't at home b/c i couldn't bear to think about it.

it's a living food that you take from your body to give to your baby... so it almost feels like a tiny part of you has died when you lose some.

I had to do the same thing after my son developed his food sensitivities. I had over 60 4 oz bags in the freezer that I had to throw away because I lived on cheese and soy milk for the first few months. It made me cry! Now I struggle to keep a few bags frozen on hand.
    First time Mom to Baylor born 11/16/2008

I love and.

I understand completely..BM is like liquid Gold to me. I went nuts why my DH accidently spilled like .5oz on the counter once...EEEK

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*marinaew View Post
    losing milk that you've worked hard to pump is always sad. i had to throw away my entire stash (about 20 5oz bottles and 15 2oz) a few months ago, b/c of allergy issues and diet changes for me. had to start stash from scratch when i cut out dairy, soy, nuts, etc.. OMG i was so sad, i had to ask dh to throw it in the dumpster when i wasn't at home b/c i couldn't bear to think about it.

it's a living food that you take from your body to give to your baby... so it almost feels like a tiny part of you has died when you lose some.
    oh no! So sad! Could you not donate it?

I have spilled a little but once I spilled 2 of 4 oz pumped and I cried too. I needed that milk..and it was the most I had ever pumped.