Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weaning Letter to Logan

Default Weaning Letter to Logan

Dear Logan,

From the beginning I knew how much I wanted to nurse you. I wanted you to have all the good things that a mother’s milk provides: nutrition, comfort, and love. However, we struggled so much at first. You had fussed and cried and my heart broke; my breasts were so full and you were empty and hungry. We sat in my room for 2 weeks and your Grandma was there helping too. In those 2 weeks we slowly figured out how to nurse, learning from each other.

Your favorite way to nurse was laying down cuddled close in my bed. You slept with daddy and me for 15 months so we could nurse all night when we needed. I loved those times. Nursing became something quite special between us, the love flourished. You grew so big and healthy, and reached all of your important milestones the first year.

The first year passed by quickly. You preferred to drink mommy’s milk instead of eating foods! How lucky of a mother I am to have such a wonderful little nursling. You taught me how good it feels to overcome obstacles and stick with a task that may seem difficult at the beginning. Our nursing relationship didn’t change much until a few more months.

You finally began to enjoy eating all kinds of foods, and mommy’s milk was like the dessert. Nursing you from the ages of 1-2 was even more enjoyable than before. We nursed for comfort and cuddles, we would laugh and giggle and make up games while the milk passed from mother to son. I love you Logan.

Now I’m sitting here with tears streaming down my face because the day is coming when you will decide to wean. Mommy and Daddy have decided to create a little brother or sister for you. Mommy’s milk is changing, and slowly dwindling. The sweet taste isn’t as sweet anymore. You are still coming to nurse at nap and at bedtime, but it’s for just a taste and then you drift off into sweet dreams.

I want you to know that I will nurse you as long as you need, but when you’re ready I will let you go. I know that you’re almost 2 now and our nursing relationship will follow a natural end. Thank you for being my son and the best nursling a mother could possibly ask for. Let’s treasure these last times!

With love,
    Mommy
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Default Re: Weaning Letter to Logan

That is such a wonderful gift you have shared with us, thank you!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

Beautiful, thank you for sharing that.
    Mama to my Rubies
    C '07
    A '09
    And my Christmas Eve baby
    L '12
    I will carry you all my life
    And I will praise the one who's chosen me to carry you
    W Apr '11
    R Nov '11
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart. *Helen Kellar*

Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

awww I shouldn't ahve readt that at work, I knew it..... soo sweet TFS

I can't stop crying
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Very sweet. Thanks for sharing.
    Mommy to:

Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months

Thank you so much for sharing. That is beautiful and a great way to capture your feelings so that you can read it in future and remember...

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

How Very Sweet
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    awww I shouldn't ahve readt that at work, I knew it..... soo sweet TFS

I can't stop crying
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

that is perfect

I'm Heather, SAHM to Cooper , born 1/2007
    and Bennett, our precious NICU grad born 8/2009
    and wife to Bill since 10/2003!
    We're young, but we know we can do it!
    Life with the Stevens-blog

I'm an Ergo Baby Carrier affiliate!