Hi mama's!

I believe that I have too much milk for my little guy... He's 8 weeks old, and I still find myself very engorged, particularily at night. It seems to depend on how much he eats that day, as to how engorged I'll become that night (he generally sleeps about 4 or 5 hours after his last feeding of the night, then eats for only a few minutes--maybe 5, then eats every 2 to 3 hours until he's up for the day). It took me a long time to not be engorged almost all the time after he was born, and then there was a period of maybe a week or two when I was rarely engorged (except for at night), but now it seems to be back again. I have been feeding one breast per feed, but I think part of my problem stems from the fact that he's recently begun to only eat for 5-10 minutes at a time, when before he'd eat at least 10 minutes and also ate more often (although I still do find myself putting him to the breast often if something's wrong, to see if it will soothe him).
So anyway, I started this morning with 3 hour blocks at 9am. It's now 11pm and I'm still finding that toward the end of the 3 hours, the other breast is very full. When will I see some relief? I decided to start this after I had a terrible time last night with much pain from engorgement, and I tried waking baby to eat, but since he was still so tired and not "ready" to eat, it only took off a little of the pressure--but there wasn't much relief.
I really want to be able to have a good night's rest, since my lo seems to be able to! Being awake in pain really sucks, especially if he's soundly sleeping away...

Punky