Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good news and bad news

Default Re: good news and bad news

I thought about calling you to ask, but I figured you were busy with a sick baby.

I got 4 oz!
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Ameda makes basically the same flexi shields that they sell with the ISIS. Here is a website for them. Hope this helps.

http://www.selfexpressions.com/flexaerstimp.html

I pump and nurse, and have had some sensitivity issues too. My LC had me use hydrocortizone cream in between. It works well and is quick. You don't have to worry about cleaning it off before nursing either. Also, you can try triple antibiotic ointment, I experimented with both and found the hydrocortizone to work faster. Neither need to be washed off before nursing. Good luck, no fun when the nipples are sore!!!

Stephanie
    Momma to Julia-8, Collin-5, and Trevor born 2-2-09

Paige, you prolly already got this figured out...but if you'll look on the side of the flange of the APY it will tell you, in mm, what size flanges you have. I have a few sets of different sizes...unused in the package, that I'd be willing to mail to you. Right now I use the 30mm flanges(the big ones) but I have several brand new sets of a few other sizes.

Let me know if you need them!
    All over the world there exists in every society a small group of women who feel themselves strongly attracted to giving care to other women during pregnancy and childbirth. Failure to make use of this group of highly motivated people is regrettable and a sin against the principle of subsidiary. ~ Dr. Kloosterman, Chief of OB/GYN, Univ. of Amsterdam, Holland

**Leslie**

Mama to:
    Shiloh (5/6/06) Nursed for 13 months and Josephine (7/26/08) Nursed for 23.5 mos Currently nursing my new little firecracker, Finley Catherine, born on the 4th of July!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*need.an-id1892 View Post
    Ameda makes basically the same flexi shields that they sell with the ISIS. Here is a website for them. Hope this helps.

http://www.selfexpressions.com/flexaerstimp.html
    Wow, thanks! I wondered if there was something like that available.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

Thanks Leslie! I don't think I will need them, but I appreciate the offer. Autumn had 3 different sizes so I've been experimenting with them to see which size fits. I'm gonna try the middle size today.
    --Anonymous

I'm unbalanced. I just got 3.5 oz from one side and 1.5 from the other. So weird. It's a wonder I'm not stuck walking in circles.
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    I'm unbalanced. I just got 3.5 oz from one side and 1.5 from the other. So weird. It's a wonder I'm not stuck walking in circles.
    I ALWAYS got more from my right boob. Crazy left boob was always SUCH a slacker.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

FYI Paige, I had so many size Breastshields b/c i went back and forth on what size to use, I ended up using a large on one boob and a med on the other, Rt Med, Lft Large, .... I know it sounds funny but one boob was always not quite right until I 'cracked the code' so to speak.
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Hmmm. I'm using the largest ones. My left boob is smaller and produces less, maybe I could use the medium one on that one and get better production from it. I'm gonna try it!
    --Anonymous