Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: good news and bad news

Default Re: good news and bad news

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    Yeah for great output!!!!

Paige you can use my PISA if you want, well except for during B'roo , I have all new/unused parts (tubing, membranes, etc) that you can have too, I ended up with several sets after rentals etc... I also have size large horns you can use but they are used, you could sterilize them, I dunno, anyway the offer is there is you need it

Oh and I agree it sounds like you need bigger horns
    Oh I'd love to try it out! Even just to see if the larger horns would work better. I don't mind the horns being used, I can sterilize. That would be awesome. Thanks so much for the offer.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Oooh, I remember those nasty hard plastic shields on the APY... Do you see your nips rubbing against the side of the collection tube- is that what you mean when you say they nipple skin is sticking? If so, they're too small.
    yes that's exactly what's happening

Can you boil the mildew-y Isis parts? Like really boil them- not just for 5 minutes but for half an hour or something? I am sure that would kill the mildew.
    I'm gonna try that this weekend because the hand pump is so, well, handy to have (pun intended). But I do like being able to pump both sides at once. It goes so much faster and I think it might be helping with the increased output.

Finally, I hate to bring this up, but is there any chance the redness on your nips is thrush? Just the beginning stages?
    I have my suspicions about this. I thought we might have both had a mild case of thrush that hasn't been bad enough to treat and was going away on it's own with diligent laundry practices and cleaning. At first I wondered why pumping would cause it to get worse, but I realized I'm not sterilizing the parts, just washing them at night, so maybe it's causing it to get worse. I'll start boiling the parts at night.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

help! what am i doing wrong here, ladies? I borrowed Autumn's medela (thanks mama! you are teh awesome), but i don't think im doing it right (sry pak). First, Im losing suction i had to put tape over 2 small holes in the piece that the bottles screw into but i still think im losing suction somewhere. also my boob keeps popping, like the pump ios expelling air instead of sucking and its blowing milk everywgere. ive got milk everywhere except the bottles!

help
    Last edited by @llli*norasmommy; April 6th, 2009 at 10:16 AM.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

omg im a friggin idiot. i finally googled an image of the set up pump and i realized i was leaving a piece out- the little yellow thing that goes inside. working much better now!
    --Anonymous

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*norasmommy View Post
    omg im a friggin idiot. i finally googled an image of the set up pump and i realized i was leaving a piece out- the little yellow thing that goes inside. working much better now!
    I did that before.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

I'm using the larger size horns that came with the pump Autumn let me borrow and it feels great! I might actually try the smaller size that are in here because these look so big. If it hurts again I can go back to the larger ones.

Thanks again Autumn! You rock, mama.
    --Anonymous

So glad it's working out for you now! (I've done that before witht he little yellow piece )
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's done that. I looked at those things and thought "I wonder what those are for" and then forgot all about them. It was when the milk squirted into my eye I thought, "I've got to be doing something wrong here, let me go ask my llladies."
    --Anonymous

I'm glad you figured it out!

Kimberly Mommy to Landin and Avery

------------------------------------------

Glad you figured it out! Just another tip, make sure you've got the little flimsy white membranes "seated" well on the yellow valve piece. There's been a time or two when I couldn't get good suction, and it was because the little white membrane wasn't on there right.
    IRL all my friends call me Buff, Wife to CB since 10/11/2003

Mom to DD - "MJ" born 9/2007 @ 8lbs 10oz, 21.5" She's 6 years old!
    My journey nursing MJ started HERE, but we got through it and she breastfed 19.5 months, self-weaned on 5/17/09

Mom to my current nursling, DS - "ME" born 10/2009 @ 10lbs 1oz, 22.25" He's 4 years old! And yup, he's still nursing.

Ask me about my successful VBAC! Click here for my birth story.

I can just imagine, sorry I would have assembled them but didn't want to mix the used/new stuff befoe sterlizing etc...

glad it's working though!!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07