Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Can I expect to see this increase continue??

Default Can I expect to see this increase continue??

A little background...

I was on the regular protocol (domperidone and bcp's) for 4 months, I have been pumping for 14days now. The first day, I got 8ml, then 7ml, 12, 20, 32.... I am now on day 14 and made a total of 86ml yesterday! It seems to be increasing by about 6-10ml per day.

Can I expect to see this continue to increase?? What can I do to keep this up??
    I am pumping 8-11 times a day... usually 2-3 hours apart.

Thanks!

Default Re: Can I expect to see this increase continue??

I would think that it will continue to increase. Keep up the regular pumping. I've heard that eating oatmeal helps milk supply along with milkmaid tea. Some use fenugreek too.
    SAHW to C and SAHM to my identical boys J & A born 1/7/06 & my little girl K born 8/21/08.

I second the pp. I don't see why it wouldn't continue with regular pumping. Oatmeal does help (I've used it myself). I couldn't stand the taste of the tea, personally. But that's me. You could try taking a combo pill called More Milk Special Blend. This blend is designed for those who are inducing lactation (ie, adoptive mothers).

Are you still taking the domperidone? If you are, that should keep supply going...

When are you expected to get your baby? I hope soon! The sooner she can nurse, nurse, nurse, the more your supply will increase! Good luck!!

Thanks for the responses! I swear-- this board is GREAT! I am just going to keep doing what I'm doing, although I did buy some Mother's Milk Tea (that isn't half bad with honey). I may start that today.

We have a very good chance of getting little baby gurl who is due THIS WEEK! So, I am trying all I can to get as much supply as possible, as quickly as possible. I just need to get this Lactaid thing out of the box and see if I can figure it out before I have a hungry baby....

It is amazing how satisfying it feels to see such improvements day to day... I didn't know what to expect, and I'm so suprised!

Thank you again!
    Holly

In regards to the lactaid... A tip from my IBCLC.. Run the tube UNDER the breast. This makes the latch-on process much easier since it just goes right in babies mouth when she latches.

Good luck! I can't wait to see a picture of your new baby!

Thank you for the tip on the lactaid... I haven't opened it yet. I have this fear that I'm going to open it, then this will fall through and I won't get matched for another 3 months-- and my supply will be so great then that I won't need it, yet I'd opened it and now I can't sell it as well on Ebay! Ha! It seems really crazy when I write it out!