Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: decreased appetite?

Default decreased appetite?

I have a 15 week old son. Breastfeeding goes well. He eat every 3 hour during the day and he sleeps thourgh the night. My problem is that in the last 2 days he seems uncomfortable when it comes to nursing. He starts crying or starts staring at me. At least it seems that he doesn't want to feed so I stop trying and then he seems content in his chair or bed. Is it normal that he only feeds every 5 hours during the day (and then he feeds 30 minutes or so) or shall I be concerned? He does have at least one bowel movement a day and he has 4-5 wet diapers.

Default Re: decreased appetite?

If he seems content and is wetting and dirtying diapers and gaining, he should be fine. I would keep offering, he'll nurse when he needs to.

Default Re: decreased appetite?

We went through a period of time when my baby was about the age of yours. He would cry at the breast and act like he didn't want to nurse. Although I burped him often, at some point we realized that when he cried had a big burp in there, and once he got it out he was able to get back to business.