Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extremly Nervous about time away

Default Re: Extremly Nervous about time away

I'd bring the pump. Just because then you'll have it and when you won't be sweating it.

You can do this. And you know why? Because being Autumn is what makes you an awesome mom. And three days just being Autumn.... I promise it will make your heart beat fast. And you'll go home to your sweet Silas renewed. You'll miss him terribly, I won't lie to you. But the wonderful feeling of not missing Autumn... you can't beat it. There's something really beautiful about rocking in your old scene for a couple of days and feeling like you're ready to go home, like you're not missing anything out there anymore, that your heart and your soul and the things that make you tick are all at home.

The first time I left Em over night to go to two nights of Panic I was a wreck. She was 2, I think. And with my MIL whom she loves. Looking back I was afraid of two things at the very core of it. What if she didn't miss me? (Translated to what if she didn't want to nurse when I got back?) And to be very honest with myself I was afraid I wouldn't miss her as much as I thought I should? What if I had so much fun and I missed my friends and my life and getting my boogie on and I was just kidding myself in to thinking that I was a good mom and that I had grown up... Neither one happened. She nursed like a champ when I got back. The first night at the show I got in line to get a beer behind a fabulous couple. She turned around and she got all choked up and stroked my signature pigtails and said (through the wide eyed drug induced stare of L.O.V.E.) "Ohhh.... I'll never forget the last time I saw you... It was front row Portsmouth and you were pregnant and so beautiful...." And I cried. And they bought me a beer and they carried on their merry way and I smiled. Because I realized I loved Emily before I met her. And I loved her even more now even though I was spending two nights without my "Mom" hat on. But I was a Mom, through and through. Well, that and I can't tell you how many times I thought that weekend "Lawwd, I hope they're not driving. Someone get her some water. Do you seriously think you need to sell balloons right here, you're gonna get in trouble. Have you eaten? You look exhausted..." Yup, I was a Mom. That liked to boogie down.

Chin up, sister. Put your boogie shoes on. Silas will miss you but not too much. You'll miss him but not too much. And you earned it. Getcher groove on, mama.

And.... as an aside... Are you f'in kidding me???? PANIC AND THE ALLMAN BROTHERS FALL TOUR???? I'm so stoked I can't stand it.
    Mother to Emily June, b. Sept 18, 2005 and Lucy Quinn, b. 1/20/2012

“Buy the ticket, take the ride."
    Hunter S. Thompson

Excitement on the Side: Who doesn't love a confident woman with long boobs...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I thought that weekend "Lawwd, I hope they're not driving. Someone get her some water. Do you seriously think you need to sell balloons right here, you're gonna get in trouble. Have you eaten? You look exhausted..."
    I do this kind of thing all the time! It makes me feel so frumpy. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
    “We are not put on earth for ourselves, but are placed here for each other. If you are there always for others, then in time of need, someone will be there for you.”
    --Anonymous

first off you ladies seriously made me tear up a little!

second I totally Trust my Dad and Silas LOVES him, also Silas has 3 cousins (my sister's children) very close in age, all will be at the beach with us but my parents may bring one up with them for the festival trip. my mom's a bit of a nut but not so bad with my dad's watchful eye.

Originally Posted by @llli*kellyann
    I can't tell you how many times I thought that weekend "Lawwd, I hope they're not driving. Someone get her some water. Do you seriously think you need to sell balloons right here, you're gonna get in trouble. Have you eaten? You look exhausted..."
    I did this constantly last year

Finally KA I already asked my dad to babysit in Oct when Panic & AB play riverfront park!!!
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07