Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: thrush and pumping

Default thrush and pumping

My baby was recently diagnosed with thrush and I have nipple thrush. I am heading back to work in 1 wk and have been pumping to store up a supply for my return to work. It is my understanding that the yeast will be present in the milk I have pumped during the infection and could possible reinfect her later. How long to I need to wait before I begin storing my milk again? Is my milk safe while I am being treated or do I have to wait until after treatment is completed? Any suggestions for how to provide enough milk for her babysitter in the meantime since I cannot use the milk I have stored up to this point?

Thanks

Default Re: thrush and pumping

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*avagsmama View Post
    My baby was recently diagnosed with thrush and I have nipple thrush. I am heading back to work in 1 wk and have been pumping to store up a supply for my return to work. It is my understanding that the yeast will be present in the milk I have pumped during the infection and could possible reinfect her later. How long to I need to wait before I begin storing my milk again? Is my milk safe while I am being treated or do I have to wait until after treatment is completed? Any suggestions for how to provide enough milk for her babysitter in the meantime since I cannot use the milk I have stored up to this point?

Thanks
    Here's a great link about thrush and pumped milk.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

good link, going through the same issues... I have has problems treating myself...the GSE works great on baby, but I don't have time to put it on at work. I have been taking a probiotic to get rid of it...not sure if its working...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygurl View Post
    good link, going through the same issues... I have has problems treating myself...the GSE works great on baby, but I don't have time to put it on at work. I have been taking a probiotic to get rid of it...not sure if its working...
    Have you tried the GSE tablets?

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

no I haven't... I think the probiotic is working, but my nipples are really dry and I afraid to use anything on them for fear it will cause to yeast to return....wait a min. I have some vit. E oil, i think I read somewhere to use that
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*babygurl View Post
    no I haven't... I think the probiotic is working, but my nipples are really dry and I afraid to use anything on them for fear it will cause to yeast to return....wait a min. I have some vit. E oil, i think I read somewhere to use that
    I think that you can use Vitaman E oil or olive oil.

Here's a great link about using GSE for thrush. It's been the only thing to work for us.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and