Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21

Thread: So today was my due date...

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    18,063

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    dara thanks for sharing..

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,090

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    DARA - Thaks for sharing... so sorry you had to expirience that horrible tragedy. A friend of mine went throught a similar situation. She was 38 weeks too and was caring for her garden, with out knowing she used items that affected the baby, unfortunately they made it to the hospital too late and the baby was already death. The guilt dont give her any piece, she had the same fear and still fear for anything might happens to her little girls.... You are strong for sharing...

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    sleepy town
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: So today was my due date...


    My preemie born at 28 weeks is almost a year old now. Sometimes I can't believe how raw the emotions still are. It is strange how very normal life is now compared to what we went though last year. The only thing I can think of is it is like going off to war and experiencing things that are awful and will forever change you, then coming back to a life that is still the same. Everything around me is normal, but I'm not sure I will ever really be again. I don't have any advice, just that the feelings are normal
    Hi, I'm Lisa, mommy to:
    *Emily Grace 12-13-06.weaned with at 3 1/2
    *Abigail 9-12-08 born at 28 weeks 2lbs 13oz-Now my 2 year old nursing chunky monkey
    Nursing after a 12 week stay in the NICU





    :

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    1,081

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*proudmommy View Post

    My preemie born at 28 weeks is almost a year old now. Sometimes I can't believe how raw the emotions still are. It is strange how very normal life is now compared to what we went though last year. The only thing I can think of is it is like going off to war and experiencing things that are awful and will forever change you, then coming back to a life that is still the same. Everything around me is normal, but I'm not sure I will ever really be again. I don't have any advice, just that the feelings are normal
    It must be weird to be hitting that 1 year mark and thinking of how things were and how they are now. It's an experience that changes you forever. I'm working on creating my "new normal" and merging that crazy world we were forced to be a part of with *my* world. One suggestion I have for you, that might help, is to make a sort of "then and now" slideshow or something...it might help you put things in perspective? I made a video of Owen from birth till the day he came home (it's in the photo section) and it was really helpful for me to see that our lives now are not the same as they were even 6 months ago. So it helped me to feel like I'm not *still* in that difficult time. Hope that makes sense. Anyways, feel free to PM or email me if you want to talk about any of it.
    Mommy to:

    Emmalynn Marie
    Born at 37 weeks on 12/22/06
    5lbs 1oz 19 1/2in

    Owen Charles
    Born at 29 wks 6 days on 01/17/09
    2lbs 14oz 15in
    In NICU for 2 months


  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    sleepy town
    Posts
    149

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*jenniebean5 View Post
    It must be weird to be hitting that 1 year mark and thinking of how things were and how they are now. It's an experience that changes you forever. I'm working on creating my "new normal" and merging that crazy world we were forced to be a part of with *my* world. One suggestion I have for you, that might help, is to make a sort of "then and now" slideshow or something...it might help you put things in perspective? I made a video of Owen from birth till the day he came home (it's in the photo section) and it was really helpful for me to see that our lives now are not the same as they were even 6 months ago. So it helped me to feel like I'm not *still* in that difficult time. Hope that makes sense. Anyways, feel free to PM or email me if you want to talk about any of it.
    Thank you
    Hi, I'm Lisa, mommy to:
    *Emily Grace 12-13-06.weaned with at 3 1/2
    *Abigail 9-12-08 born at 28 weeks 2lbs 13oz-Now my 2 year old nursing chunky monkey
    Nursing after a 12 week stay in the NICU





    :

  6. #16

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    I can't help with what it must have been to have a preemie
    but
    my pregnancy "felt" short
    Even though dd was a perfect 40 weeks full term
    I didn't realize i was pregnant till I was 20 weeks *lol don't ask, it wasn't obvious i'd even been the the gyno with a neg test*
    so I only got to "feel" pregnant half the time
    the only way I really come to term with it is just by focusing on what came out of it and how amazing it is
    far better to have a wonderful BABY than a wonderful pregnancy

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Landof2toddlers, Oregon
    Posts
    3,113

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    thanks for posting everyone. I did not have a premie (I had a postie - but I was a premie). My DH's cousin just had her LO early due to pre-E and and I have been wondering what to do. I have some premie baby clothes I have been trying to get to them (a friend had twins a year ago) but I had thought I should stay away as a) I have a toddler and therefore germs and b) am pregnant and therefore not really able to help with anything. Thanks guys for letting me know I should call and send cards and stuff so they know we are thinking of them. I will get right on that (I still have no idea what to say)
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

    • my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.


    If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

    Family beds are awesome

    Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    meh....wherever
    Posts
    7,065

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    Thanks guys for letting me know I should call and send cards and stuff so they know we are thinking of them.
    That was the biggest thing for us....people just didn't know what to say so they didn't say anything at all. Just a call to say "hey, are you ok. Do you need anything" would have meant the world to me. The effort really speaks more than you will ever know.
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel


    Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    94

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    Quote Originally Posted by @llli*durhamgrrl View Post
    thanks for posting everyone. I did not have a premie (I had a postie - but I was a premie). My DH's cousin just had her LO early due to pre-E and and I have been wondering what to do. I have some premie baby clothes I have been trying to get to them (a friend had twins a year ago) but I had thought I should stay away as a) I have a toddler and therefore germs and b) am pregnant and therefore not really able to help with anything. Thanks guys for letting me know I should call and send cards and stuff so they know we are thinking of them. I will get right on that (I still have no idea what to say)
    I found my family didn't quite know what to do, as a prem baby is different to a full term baby. Cause you can't touch/hold them the same way, etc. But just phoning/email/text to see how they're doing is good. They will be busy going to hospital to see the baby, but will appreciate that you are thinking of them.

    Not sure about anyone else with prems, but I personally found it annoying when my mother would ask every time she contacted me what my daughters weight was. DD was weighed every two days, and my mum would contact me to ask. I just found it annoying, as weight is not the only thing that decides how well a prem baby (or any baby) is doing.
    Alison, mummy to Erin
    Born @ 30 weeks, 2nd July 2008, 3lb 11oz, fully breastfed

    cloth nappy wearing bub.

  10. #20

    Default Re: So today was my due date...

    Sarah,

    Thank you for sharing you experience. Seeing pregnant women with full bellies was so hard for me! It sounds like you have made some hard decisions based on what is best for you and your family. Preeclampsia is such a scary thing with which to be faced! I hope that your attempts at nursing your third baby are going well. I can tell that you are a committed and devoted mother.

    I began working with a lactation consultant that totally turned around the whole experience for me. I am so happy to say that Scarlett, my daughter, is now nursing successfully. I can truly appreciate the frustration and strain that unsuccessful nursing puts on a mother and baby. I hope that my success gives you hope if things have not yet progressed. Things got much better for us once we were sent home from the NICU! Please let me know if there is anything I can do, support wise, to help you.

    Here for you!

    Angela

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •