Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need a good pump but w/out the big price!

Default Need a good pump but w/out the big price!

I exclusively pumped for 3 months with a Medela Pump in Style but it was a friends. I gave it back to her because I got my lo back on the breast in January plus her sister needed it. Now I am running low on my freezer stash. I mainly need the frozen BM for her cereal in the morning and just in case of emergencies where I have to leave her with my mom.

Is there a good pump that doesn't cost so dang much? If I absolutely have to I will spend up to 150 dollars but I rather not.
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year

Default Re: Need a good pump but w/out the big price!

some wic offices have pumps to lend if your working....
    Renting might be a good idea for you, you then could maybe get your insurace to pay for it, some do.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*andreafromohio View Post
    some wic offices have pumps to lend if your working....
    Renting might be a good idea for you, you then could maybe get your insurace to pay for it, some do.
    Walgreens also rents pumps.

I have the Medela Single Deluxe Electric/Battery pump. I do not have to pump often so it works great for me.

I'm Laura, mamma of 2

5-27-06

8-30-08

We love and

We have been nursing for over 2 years now!

Ameda Purely Yours. They are a closed system, works just as well and Medela and is about half the price.

Way too lazy for formula

My WIC office provided me with a great Medela double electric pump free of charge, I would contact your local office to see if you qualify.
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

I swear by the Avent Isis. It's a manual, but it worked better for me than any electric. I pumped 3x's/day, 5 days a week for almost a year. I had enough for Katy at the sitter's everyday and I recently tossed 300+ oz. from the freezer. An entire bag of stuff for $60.
    Sarah- Mommy to Ally (4/16/06) , Katlyn (11/13/07) & Rebekah (10/21/09)
    All three, all natural!

Check out the double electric lansinoh pump. I have one and its working really well for me. I paid 159.99. Its really easy to clean, is a bit noisy , and doesn't come with a storage bag. All in all a pretty good pump if ya ask me. I only use it while I work my 3 day a week shift. It takes batteries or you can plug it in. Hope this helps

I too swear by my Avent Isis. I have two of them so I can double pump, I almost prefer it to my Medela. You can get the pump, storage bag, ice pack, and I think a couple of storage bottles for around $60. Or, if you're comfortable, look for one at a garage sale or mom swap, its getting to be that season...thats where I got my second one. Its so easy to sterilize the parts, you don't have to worry about it coming from someone else....good luck!!

You might want to check ebay - I got a brand new PISA for 125. There's also plenty of usedpumps, but I would only buy new with Medela, bc there's the issue of the pump not being cleanable. Some of the other brands are, I think.
    I'm Hilary: Wife to DH since 5-11-02, Mother to born 8-25-08
    "If I had known it was this much fun, we would have done this a long time ago!" (DH re DS)

210(pg)****205****200****195****190****185****180* ***175****170****165********155****150****145****140****135(TTC!!)

Thank you mamas!! I do not qualify for wic which stinks!! I might try the Isis first since it has good reviews and the price is nice Economy sucks right now so we are kinda broke!
    Proud mama to Haydon-6 years old and Lillie-1 year old!

, and she is walking

We made it a year