Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I was wondering,

Default I was wondering,

How many of you mamas do rice cereal in a bottle of BM at night for better sleeping? Seems my LO is up all night every two hours wanting to nurse and while I have said that I wont do the cereal in the bottle at night it is becoming a little more tempting. Im so tired!
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Default Re: I was wondering,

I have tried giving solids before bed and it did not work.my lo wakes up every hour and a half anyway to eat and i know he is not hungry..it's mostly for comfort feeding anyway...

While it does seem tempting, ( I get it I do - I am snoozing right now due to lack of zzz's ) - please know beside the fact that it probably won't help, it might cause tummy troubles, is a choking hazzard and is a measure that is just trying to fight nature - babies are really meant to wake (and therefore eat) often - to survive.

Read more here.

Can you nap during the day?? Can you go to bed an hour earlier?
    Last edited by @llli*number4; March 27th, 2009 at 02:12 PM.
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

I have never tried it, the choking risk scares me too much.

Amy married to my bestfriend since 10/30/04

Proud SAHM to DS born 2/17/07 and DD born 9/11/08 Both weaned together 11/2011
    Currently milk, peach, peanut and tree nut free. DD has outgrown her wheat, cheese, egg, garlic, and citrus allergies

see that's why I haven't done it. Plus my ped said it's just carbs anyway, not nutritional value to it so skip it. I only work two days a week but when I do I about fall on my face cause Im sooooo sleepy. It's okay. I will continue to wake during the night, cause he's my sweetie pie and I dont mind.
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Plus because BM has more calories than the rice cereal anyway, I'm not sure why people commonly think that would work . I wouldn't do it, but I would start nursing in the sidelying position if you're not already so you can catch some zzz's while your LO night nurses .