Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another round of More Milk Plus or should I try Domperidone?

Default Another round of More Milk Plus or should I try Domperidone?

I've been taking More Milk Plus for about a month now. I am almost out of capsules and I'm considering trying the Domperidone instead of another round of MMP. If I go with the More Milk again, I plan on using the More Milk Special Blend which has the Goats Rue in it. I'm just not sure I want to spend the money on more More Milk if it's not going to work...

What would you do?

TIA!

Default Re: Another round of More Milk Plus or should I try Domperidone?

If you can get a script id go for the DOM now that we can get it here in the states again. And get the extra herbs to take sev times a day. Maybe it will work for you...Keep us updated

Wendy, you don't need a script for the Dom... You can get it overseas without one. Also, it's not widely available in the US and the places that do make it, are very expensive....

Thanks! I think I might try the dom and see how it goes...

I know but i believe My medicaid will pay for it and i cant afford to order it and pay online We are broke 99% of the time)

I have medicaid as well and Domperidone is a formulary drug. That means that it needs a pre-authorization and may not be approved. I hope for your sake, it does get approved if your doctor will even write the script. Most docs won't write the script for domperidone.

Good luck, I hope you can get it!!! Please let us know if you do and how it works out for you!!!

OH lord i didnt know that. Well ill prob not be able to get it them, i dunno why but docs seem like its too much effort to pre auth meds!

**Just called doc office again and left message on machine for the nurse that it will most likely need to be preauth and if they could do that please.....hopeing and praying it goes well and i get some!!! Im glad you meantioned that!
    Last edited by robwen; August 28th, 2006 at 08:21 AM.

Keep us updated on what the doc says! I hope it all goes well for you!!!

Thanks and i will

I hope no one minds that I just pop in here, but I have a question. Someone mentioned that you can get Domperidone overseas without a script. I was wondering if someone could tell me where I can get it. I've been trying to relactate for a few weeks now, without much luck, and my doctors said you could only get it in Canada. I'm trying to find it, but so far everywhere I've looked online, I need a script. Any help would be great! Thanx!

BooBooKitty - It takes a decent amount of time for the relactation to start. What are you doing to relactate? Are you taking herbs? Alwys try the herbs before a drug like Domperidone. It took me near a month of off and on pumping to get even a drop! Now I'm pumping regularly and taking herbs on a schedule and starting to see great results (about 1/4 oz a day pumped).

You can get the Dom from New Zealand without a script. But I do highly recommend using herbs and being consistant in pumping/nursing before trying the Dom. Dom is very expensive, by the way!

I'll find the site I know of and PM you with it.

HTH!