Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Lactation Station -- Weekly Update Thread - Week 8/27 - 9/2

Default Lactation Station -- Weekly Update Thread - Week 8/27 - 9/2

Hi ladies! Welcome to the Lactation Station! This is a daily/weekly update thread for the relactating mama's on this board! Feel free to update daily or weekly. This thread will run from Sunday to Saturday. I will create a new thread every Sunday.

Note to Mods - I hope this is okay!

You can copy and paste the form below and fill in your answers.

I'll start...

Age of DC: 5 months

Biological or Adopted: Biological

Number of babies breastfed in the past: None - this is my 1st child

Reason for Relactation: Regret for not breastfeeding as a newborn and he has reflux and the ped and my IBCLC think breastmilk would really help him with it.

Days/Months into Relactation Process: 19 days

Means of Relactation (ie, pumping, nursing, herbs, etc.):
    Pumping every 2-4 hours, manual expression, herbs (More Milk Plus), considering ordering Domperidone tomorrow.

Progress thus Far: I pump/manually express about 1/4 oz first thing in the morning and about half that each time during the day. After 4 days, I've collected almost 3/4 oz and am hoping to get to at least 1 oz before I have to feed it to DS. I would LOVE for him to have a full breastmilk feeding but I don't know if I can get that much more milk in 4 days!

Complications (ie, breast surgery, flat nipples, PPD etc): Flat nipple on right side and severe PPD (on meds now)

Feelings about Progress: Some days are worse than others. Some days it's too much work and I hate that I'm doing this but I don't know where I'd be if I wasn't!

Goals (Short and Long Term): Short term: Supplment some of DS's formula feedings with breastmilk. Long Term: I would love to be EBF by Christmas so that I can let this cat out of the bag to my family! If not EBF (at current, he won't latch) then I hope to have him on EBM only.

Comments: I would not be this far without all the wonderful ladies here. You guys have been my main support (DH supports but he hasn't been there to be able to give me good advice or anything). I am hoping and praying that all you ladies are doing well!

Other (Topic not listed already): N?A

I may also start an introduction thread but I haven't decided yet.

Thanks ladies! I hope this weekly thread becomes a big hit!! I LOVE hearing from all the other mama's here who are having success and who are still plugging along in hopes of success soon!

<<HUGS>> to everyone!!!

Default Re: Lactation Station -- Weekly Update Thread - Week 8/27 - 9/2

Quick up date for me.....I start pumping in about a week. I have been on the n/g accelerated protocol with domperidone, and bc pills, plus provera. I will keep everyone posted as to my progress when I start pumping.

This is absolutely fine, Felicia! These are your boards, mamas, so make use of them anyway you wish! (Within reason of course )

I love the update thread. others thinking of relactating can see our progress and know that it does work and that it does take time! thanks for these!

Age of DC: 3 months 3 weeks.

Number of babies breastfed in the past: 1 other son but only for about 5 days.

Reason for Relactation: Horrible pain in the beginning later found out I had Thrush. I wanted to BF more then anything. THe bond I felt was amazing and I wanted that back. as well as my son to continue to thrive off of me. not something else. I wanted to know that if anything ever happened I could nurish my boy.

Days/Months into Relactation Process: i lost count lol...ummm 9 or 10 weeks.

Means of Relactation (ie, pumping, nursing, herbs, etc.):
    Well I have built the supply but work mainly at him taking the breast more often and building my supply up. I hand express when he misses a feeding or refuses me for too long. Other then him latching and hand expression nothing.

Progress thus Far: on days he will breastfeed like today without refusing me I only have to supplement with 2 feedings a day.

Complications (ie, breast surgery, flat nipples, PPD etc):I have breast augmentation and a capsular contraction in 1 breast due to the implant scar tissue. the scars are on my areola which as of relactating haven't caused any problems thought when he was born they hurt bad. i have flat nipples.

Feelings about Progress: I don't think I am every truely satisfied. yes i am happy to be doing so well but after i reach one goal I don't stop until I reach another LOL. but I am VERY proud of my son for keeping up with mommys weird boobs and me keeping up with this lol.

Goals (Short and Long Term): short term. to keep up with what we are doing as of now on the good days of 2 supplements and him not refusing me like he does some days. long term- no more supplementing just breast feeding.

Comments: I love this group and this has been the best site for advice and support from women going through the same thing and wanting the same thing for their babies as well! we all cry together pump together and feed together LOL. ]

Other (Topic not listed already): I love the other thread idea! thanks for this you are doing awesome!
    ~*TiffanyJewel*~
    Happily Married !
    SAHM to my two beautiful boys
    Ethan my sweet big boy! born 9-9-04
    Aidan my little nursling! (relactation) born
    5-2-06!
    Natalie Jewel Our Valentine! Born
    2-14-08
    *Relactation- a labor or Love*

Thanks ladies! I enjoy keeping our update threads going! If I had had a place like this and wonderful mama's like you when I attempted this the first time, I might have stuck with it longer!

You ladies are coming along wonderfully! I am so proud of everyone and their hard work and dedication! You mama's are amazing! Keep up the excellent work!!

Age of DC: nearly 13 months

Number of babies breastfed in the past: None - this is my 1st child

Reason for Relactation: Regret for needing to stop nursing when Sara was 10 weeks old (because of meds)

Days/Months into Relactation Process: 10

Means of Relactation Pumping every 2-3 hours, Herbs (when they get here) Reglan 3x a day will be talking to doc about getting a script for Dom tomorrow. My SNS will be here soon!!! (thanks Tiff!!!)

Progress thus Far: Nothing yet as far as milk, but i do think that my breast feel a bit fuller, not with milk but well i dunno hard to explain

Complications (ie, breast surgery, flat nipples, PPD etc): hypothyroid

Feelings about Progress: same days im up somedays im down

Goals (Short and Long Term): Short Term, getting things going, actually haveing milk, Long Term letting Sara nurse when and for how long she wants

Comments: I love yall!!!!!

Other (Topic not listed already): N?A

I've just started taking 'Milk Flow' spray and Weleda nursing mothers milk tea. I'm hoping to see some milky drops soon... pumping whlie typing this!