Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: weaning .. no milk left. Toddler asks for it.

Default weaning .. no milk left. Toddler asks for it.

DD is almost 22 months.. I am 10 weeks pregnant and my milk is almost gone I think. I don't see or hear her swallow anymore and she seems frustrated after nursing. My nipples are extrememly sore and nursing is super painful.. she was only nursing 3 times a day when I got pregnant and I have since got her down to once a day... but she asks all the time!!!! More than normal because she is working on the 2 year molars... Its just too painful and there is nothing in there. I don't know what to tell her. Its all gone? Its all done? How do I explain this to an almost 2 year old . I don't know how much longer I can let her nurse once a day. I dread it because its so painful. I have horrid morning sickness too so I am suffereing from that too.
    She is an easy going baby but I know she is teething and frustrated the milk isn't there. What can I do to ease this transition for her?
    My plan to wean was to wait till its a bit warmer out and distract her with playing outside ( her favorite thing) but its still pretty cold here in the northeast.

Married my man Michael 5/12/2006
    Keira Joyce 6/1/07 Breastfed for 22 months Peanut Allergy- Outgrown 11/2010!!!!
    Israel Benedict 10/10/09- Breastfed for 27 months ( 9 months tandem with his sister)
    Nairi Anne 4/1/2011 still nursing at 14 months
    My Daily Blog
    Cloth diapers on the bum!

Default Re: weaning .. no milk left. Toddler asks for it.

Just wanted to give you a and - and congrats on baby #2!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png