Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: confused on feeding

Question confused on feeding

My Lo is 5 months he has his two bottom teeth already. I started cereal at 4 1/2 months only breakfast and about a tablespoon. He always seemed to have an upset stomach at the next nursing, So i stopped with cereal for the week and started again with only a tsp. but always seems like he wants more when he is done. He seems ok now and he loves it, loved it even when he got an upset tummy. I am just really confused on when to start baby food or how many times a day you should offer it. He loves watching us eat and he acts like he is feeding himself with grabbing at the air and pulling it to his mouth so i know he wants it. I have all of my baby food made and ready. I know there is no certain way but could you some ideas. I have also heard lots of things of not even offering cereal or starting with veggies before fruits. And also wondering about finger foods like the gerber puffs or cherrios or shredded cheese.
    Krue our first was born on oct. 14, 2008 8.6lbs. and 21 1/2 in. I have been and .
    1 month 10.9 and 23 1/4
    2 months 13 and 24 1/4
    3 months 14.6
    4 months 16.7 and 26 1/2
    5 months 17.12

Default Re: confused on feeding

Hi there! Our LO's are the same age! Mine was born Oct. 13th. We just now introduced solids. Our ped said at his 4 month apt to go ahead but we waited until just recently. Our goal was to wait until he was 6 months but he just seemed so interested in what we were eating that we went ahead and let him try to see how he would react. Ofcourse he LOVED whatever we gave him. Our ped said to start with carrots/sweet potatoes/apples breastmilk is already sweet so it didnt really matter so she said if we chose to offer fruits first it would be just fine. He had no problem with peas after we offered sweet potatoes. We only give LO solids at dinner time and about an once at a time. Sometime (most times) he eats it all, other times not. I wasnt really sure how much or how often to offer solids so we're just starting with once a day at dinner for now.
    Let us know how it goes for your LO. It sure is fun watching them react to the new tastes!
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Thanks a lot.. I guess my other ? is I did give him cereal today just a tsp. at 1 do you think it would be ok to do some carrots or something around 5?
    Krue our first was born on oct. 14, 2008 8.6lbs. and 21 1/2 in. I have been and .
    1 month 10.9 and 23 1/4
    2 months 13 and 24 1/4
    3 months 14.6
    4 months 16.7 and 26 1/2
    5 months 17.12

This resource gives a little more info with regard to solids and first foods you may find helpful
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.