Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Diaper Rash

Default Diaper Rash

Any idea if a diaper rash that appeared today(Friday) could be caused by a new food my LO ate last Sunday? Or is it more likely that, if it's even food related, it's from the new one offered last night? She hasn't had a bm since before she tried broccoli last night which is why I'm wondering if it could be from Sunday. Thanks!
    Megan
    Karina Abigail-born 8/2/2008

Made it a year!! Here's to a long and happy BF realtionship!

Default Re: Diaper Rash

what kind of rash is it, what does it look like? any other signs or syptoms?
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

It's red w/ little white bumps. Could it be yeast? It doesn't seem to bother her at all. No fever or anything.
    Megan

if it looks like whitehead pimples, it is most likely yeast. i put powder probiotics directly on the rash...don't get it wet first. it will clear up super fast.

and are you in cloth? if so, you will have to eradicate it from your diapers...and it is hard!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

IME an allergy-related diaper rash will look more like a flat red ring around the anus - not what you are describing. But if it was food-related, I would probably assume on the food eaten the evening before, not almost a week ago.
    Karen

Proud mama to
    Kaitlyn Ann 12/23/07 - 7 lbs., 15 oz.
    11/09
    Jackson Thomas 1/16/11 - 9 lbs., 3 oz.

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*nolies.mama View Post
    if it looks like whitehead pimples, it is most likely yeast. i put powder probiotics directly on the rash
    It does look like really tiny whiteheads Where can I get probiotic powder? Do I also need to take her to the pedi for this?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*kaitlyns.mom View Post
    IME an allergy-related diaper rash will look more like a flat red ring around the anus - not what you are describing. But if it was food-related, I would probably assume on the food eaten the evening before, not almost a week ago.
    Darn, I was hoping I could tell my MIL it was her fault for giving her teething biscuits, after I said I didn't really want her to have them Guess I'll just have to put my foot down!

Thanks!
    Megan

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*gelfling View Post
    It does look like really tiny whiteheads Where can I get probiotic powder? Do I also need to take her to the pedi for this?
    I get ours at a farmers market type store...like whole foods. And I have never taken him to the doc for it because unfortunately I knew what it looked like so I spotted it right away. The probiotic powder should take care of it, but then make sure any diapers are taken care of too (unless disposable). Good luck!
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

Thanks, I'm gonna be near a whole foods today so I'll stop in and get some!
    Megan