Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Help with solids strike!

Default Help with solids strike!

Hi there,
    Just looking for a bit of advice really...
    My little girl is 9 months old and I work 1 day and 1 night per week. During these times she accepts no milk via cup or bottle, flat refuses! She takes pureed type weaning foods while I'm away on my day shift and would normally have 3x good meals. Until recently she would pretty much do this for me also with 4 breast feeds and one in the night.
    However she now will accept no pureed food from me at all, preferring boob all the way and tiny amounts of finger foods - and has been up ++++ in the night feeding almost constantly. I don't mind bedsharing however this isnt exactly working as I have a 2 yr old who gets up at 5.30am and so I am very very tired - I think I am averaging 3 hours per night broken into hour long stretches.
    Is it normal for her to do this? Its like she has clicked that when I'm around she gets boob, when I'm not she will eat food. She has dropped from the 98th centile at birth to the 25th centile now and I am being told to increase her solids but she has now dropped them instead! I'm not overly worried by her weight, I'm inclined to think she was more a chubby baby who has just lost that initial chub and is at her normal centile to follow now.
    She used to LOVE apple and pear puree but now isnt interested, yet I tested her and she had half a pot of chocolate dessert - cheeky!
    Thanks to anyone who may have some advice!

Default Re: Help with solids strike!

bump
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png