Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Let Down

Thumbs up Re: Let Down

Quote Originally Posted by paint-the-moon
    A swallow sounds like a small puff of air coming out the baby's nose and you can usually see the muscle moving in front of the baby's ear, giving the baby the appearance of his earlobes subtley wiggling.
    I didn't know that was him swallowing, I thought swallowing was the weird noise he makes in the back of his throat sometimes! I'm glad to have this information, it makes me feel at ease about my LO's nursing because he does that all the time... thanks!
    “Only with trust, faith, and support can the woman allow the birth experience to enlighten and empower her.” - Annie Kennedy & Penny Simkin

Default Re: Let Down

Quote Originally Posted by ChasingPrisms
    I didn't know that was him swallowing, I thought swallowing was the weird noise he makes in the back of his throat sometimes! I'm glad to have this information, it makes me feel at ease about my LO's nursing because he does that all the time... thanks!
    You are very welcome! Good to hear you are reassured and that you and the little guy are doing well. Keep up the awesome job, mama!

Mama to Adeline Brett, breastfed for 4.5 years (12/14/05) and little Eliza June, new tiny sprite in my arms and still learning the ropes (7/18/10)

Family Blog • If I'm here I'm nursing and typing one handed ... forgive the typos!
    And I'm not a newbie at all ... I'm trying to get my old user ID working from back in the day ... paint-the-moon

Quote Originally Posted by Nissa
    I felt it a lot at first but now hardly at all. I heard that most mommies only feel the first let down even though there are several let downs during a nursing session.
    just to chime in on this one -

I actually will feel two. not always, but about half the time there will be two - usually when LO wakes in the a.m and from naps...the second one isn't as intense aws the first, but its there
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

Quote Originally Posted by medicmom04
    I have read so much about let down, but I don't feel anything when my son nurses. I know he gets milk since he is gaining weight well and definitely spitting up. Is there a way to tell if and when let down is happening?

Thanks!
    I've never felt one either, my DD is 11 months old and apparently ok....she's 18 lbs, 8 oz, so I know she drinking due to the weight gain.

kristenco is offline Shares Widely And Frequently

Quote Originally Posted by kellyd
    I agree with above. I'm currently nursing my 4th child who is almost 3 weeks old. I never felt anything with my first, had slight tingling with my second until she was about 2 weeks old, then had more of the tingling sensation with my 3rd- and it lasted longer- like until she was several months old. I expected with #4 that I'd feel like electric shocks were hitting me- but nothing! I've felt the symptoms listed above, but none of the "letdown" feeling.
    Me too! I felt nothing with my first, barely felt it with my second, and with my third it was downright painful when I let down. Just in the last couple days, though, I've stopped feeling let down altogether. Wierd.