Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Pumping schedule ideas

Default Pumping schedule ideas

Hi girls! I am new to the forums and this is my first post. I am 24 years old and mother of 3--Olivia 4 years, Hanna 20 months, and Parker 4 weeks. So, as you see, I am 4 weeks post partum and am starting to prepare for my return back to work which will be at the end of May. I started pumping 4 days postpartum and have made it a habit to pump in the AM, ( I think I have an overabundant milk supply) when I have the most milk. I get anywhere from 6 to 10 oz total a session . So I have probably 190 Oz already stashed! I want to add another pumping session and was just wondering what schedules others may have who exclusively breastfeed and pump as well. Since I want to add one more session, when should I do this that will yeild the most milk, besides in the AM? I know everyone is different, but ideas would be helpful! Thanks!

Default Re: Pumping schedule ideas

Hi!

Congratulations on your new arrival and your decision to BF! My LO is 10 months old, and i have been a full time working mom, since she was 3 months old. When I first came back to work, I would feed her in the morning before i left, around 5. Then I would pump at 9, 12 and 3. Just recently, I dropped to two pumping sessions - 10:30 and 3:30. I would say if you wanted to add in a second time, to do it on the opposite end of the day, say in the afternoon, as opposed to just a few hours after your first session, and see how that goes!

Good luck!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

Thank you! Congrats on BF your beautiful baby for 10 long months! I agree with you that I think I will try to add my second pumping session later on in the day, maybe late afternoon. Thanks! My schedule will be quite like yours. I have to be to work at 7 am, so I will BF at 5:30, when I will have to leave home. Fortunately I work in the Maternity Ward in a hospital where my kids go to daycare right on site. I will BF right before I head to work at the daycare. I have not decided quite yet how many times I will pump throughout the work day since I can just walk right up to the daycare to BF. I am thinking I will pump during my AM break, go up to BF during lunch, then pump duriing my afternoon break then get done at 3PM and BF as soon as I get to the daycare to pick him up.
    24 year old mother of 3: Olivia 4 years, Hanna 20 mos, Parker 4 weeks. Exclusively BF'ing since day one, returning to work end of May

You are certainly blessed to work that close to your little one. I would never pump, I would just go feed baby....

I usually try to pump 30 -1hr after the feeding before dinner time...it helps me unwind. Something that I do at home that helps it pump oneside while baby feeds on the other...
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)