Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: DH not being supportive...

Default Re: DH not being supportive...

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hannahmommy View Post
    Thank you for all of your suggestions. I am going to try to sit and talk with DH when we are both in good moods and see if I can see the root of the problem. I do think the issues he mentioned need to be addressed individually, I just don't know how to explain to him that it's not because of bfing. We do need to get the sleep issue under control, as we had a really bad night last night. i think i need to get her to the doctor to rule out ear infection, just so i can see if it's something else, or just her being a butt. That's for another post though!

I do hope that DH can get on board...I already only nurse at night, so I don't see a huge issue with continuing past one! We'll see how it goes. I do know that I will possibly have to wean though, because I don't think I will be able to continue my medication that helps my milk supply. It has taken a good toll on my body. I will continue to try though, as long as LO wants to!

Thanks for all your support and advice! Send some prayers and good vibes my way!

Thank you all!
    Sometime men feel left out. Let him know that his feelings are valid and important. That you are not "choosing your son" but rather you are BOTH making sacrifices at this point to ensure that your son has the best start possible
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*sch.mommy View Post
    Sometime men feel left out. Let him know that his feelings are valid and important. That you are not "choosing your son" but rather you are BOTH making sacrifices at this point to ensure that your son has the best start possible
    with pps - lots of great suggestions. One more thing - I found that being more rested really helped my sex drive. And how did I get more rested? DH took over some of the household chores (which he should have been doing already, but that's another story). It sounds silly, but it really is true - a clean house is the best aphrodisiac. Maybe something similar would help you two? And it would give him something he could do to "fix" things.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

I'm going to pull out a huge list of chores and then give him 'rewards' based on him completing them!! Just kidding.

We did talk some, and he understands how important this is for me, and he is willing to wait however long now. We actually had quite a spat over the weekend, and this was just one of the issues addressed, so hopefully even after the waters calm, he'll still be singing the same tune!

Thank you again all for your words of wisdom, i used or will be using them all. He knows how good it is for our baby girl to get lots of momma milk!

to you all!!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

I just want to address the night waking and not BFig during the day. Your LO is reverse cycled it sounds like. Are you tying to distract her to wean? Is she distracted during the day? If she is distracted at night he is probably wanting that closeness, time to connect, and drink milk. BM is still very good and important at 10 months. Perhaps if you nurse more during the day she will sleep longer at night.

ETA: sorry missed your pumping during the day. Maybe add in offering the breast after work more and maybe let her nurse at drop off and pick up?
    Last edited by @llli*sixyearplan; March 23rd, 2009 at 01:45 PM.

THANK YOU LADIES!!! I got through to my DH!!!! I had to though. He is now on board and says to breastfeed until we are ready to stop!! I am so excited! Such a relief that I don't have this 'deadline' to meet now, it's wonderful.

We've addressed our other issues as well, and he has come full circle!

Thanks for helping me see how wonderful and great it is to breastfeed, and for giving me the support that i needed during my down time. I really appreciate it, I couldn't have gotten through this without all of you!

Sorry for all the icons, i just can't show you the biggest smile i have on my face!

for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008

So glad that things are so much better, mama!!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*hannahmommy View Post
    I'm going to pull out a huge list of chores and then give him 'rewards' based on him completing them!! Just kidding.
    I love that idea...
    Last edited by @llli*imma2nonstopaa; March 29th, 2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png