Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remember my hubby with the 1 year deadline?

Default Re: Remember my hubby with the 1 year deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mommal View Post
    Sometimes a mom will accept hearing things from her son that she would never in a million years accept from her DIL.

I'm glad your DH got on board the nursing-past-one train. Give him a big hug for me.
    So glad that he told his mom!

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Congrats momma.

You know I think it's very common for people to assume that once they are 12 months they aren't babies anymore and suddenly morph into toddlers. That just isn't true. Seems like it's the norm for them to be nursing a lot at 12 months and the relationship changing more towards the age of 2.
    BTW, at my IRL LLLI meeting on Thu, the Leader told us that the AAP is changing their guidelines to encourage nursing until 2!!
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Great news!!! When a man will stick up for you to his mom, that is always a good sign.

My DH and I had more than one "heated discussion" over me continuing to bf DD1 past one year! You would never know it now. Having BTDT, I am SO happy to hear your story. WTG mama!!!!!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*imma2nonstopaa View Post
    BTW, at my IRL LLLI meeting on Thu, the Leader told us that the AAP is changing their guidelines to encourage nursing until 2!!
    I just saw this! That is awesome!!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

Good for DH!

You know sometimes men don't like to have an idea come to them from their wife They resist then come around when they hear it from someone else or later on when it's had time to really sink in. The funniest is when they cme back with it later like it's a brand new idea they just thought of. :rolleyes

DH may have done some soul searching, but he also may have done some behind the scenes research and he's too manly to just come out and admit he was being too rigid before. In time he may even be an outspoken lactivist.

glad this is turning out to be what's best for you lo with the least amount of struggle!
    Kelly

Mommy to Gabriel born 12/25/06 Breastfed 12/25/06 - 12/09 and possibly here and there still
    Madelyn born 9/24/09 delivered at home and caught by my husband

"To put the world right in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must first put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must first cultivate our personal life; we must first set our hearts right."

yeeeey, so happy for you!!

Yay! Thanks for giving us an update. So glad to hear that things are working out for you!
    Katherine
    My boys (both hypnobirths!):
    N 12/24/05 - birth center baby; nursed until Dec. 2007
    G 3/21/08 - we had a wonderful homebirth!!! - still nursing

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*amysmom View Post
    I'm so happy for you!!! I think it's great that DH spoke to MIL. I'm a big advocate for DH's dealing with their own Mothers. Their Mothers, their problem.

I love how MIL has decided that your baby is clingy because of BFing. I have issues with my MIL too and I think it's because they're jealous that they can't soothe our babies for us, like we can. It's like they view it as something we've taken away from them, the opportunity to hold & feed. You'll have to excuse me if my heart isn't bleeding for them.
    You said it exactly right. I think it bothers my MIL that she needs my milk to care for him when she babysits. I've said this to people (mainly my sister and close friends). They think it's so strange that she would feel that way. I'm glad to see someone else has the same theory.