Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: Too Much?

Default Too Much?

Hi Ladies,
    I've been giving my LO about 8 oz of solids a day-3 at B-fast, 2 at lunch and 3 at dinner. Is that too much for her at 7.5 mos? She's still nursing 8 times a day although I have noticed that some of the sessions are a little shorter. How would I be able to tell if I am giving her too much and she's not getting enough Bm? She has plenty of wet dipes throughout the day. Thanks!
    Megan
    Karina Abigail-born 8/2/2008

Made it a year!! Here's to a long and happy BF realtionship!

Default Re: Too Much?

*bump*
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Default Re: Too Much?

I think that all babies are different and you have to go with what you feel works. i would say that if you are still having 8 nursing sessions and feel that she is getting enough breastmilk then the amount of solids is good.

My LO is 8 months and I give her solids twice a day...i do not give her solids in the morning because she is a late sleeper. I just try to remember that solids are just for fun the first year and go with the flow.

I read on kellymom that about 25% of baby's diet should be solids at age one...so it sounds like you are on target.
    Mom to baby girl 7/15/08 and baby boy 4/13/10.

breast feeding again

I'm a mama.