Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: I've reached another milestone! :D :D

Default I've reached another milestone! :D :D

This milestone isn't measured in months or years or time, but in events. For instance, one of my nursing goals was to make it to the point where I'd have a talking nursling. She talks now, in big sentences (but still doesn't tell me how the milk tastes, lol). And she has a sense of humor. I don't usually wear a bra at home, but if I happen to be wearing one and we get into position to nurse, I'll lift my shirt, and she'll dive right in FIRST and THEN notice that there's a bra in the way, and sit there and laugh at it. She also thinks it's hilarious if I lift my shirt, but "hide" the nipple from her and playfully try to get her to latch onto the bottom of the boob.

But anyway, today another milestone was reached. She brought me her toy horse and wanted me to nurse it. I was in the middle of doing dishes, so I told her that she could. She thought about it briefly, then raised her shirt and put the horse in position. Then she went back into the living room, and came back while "nursing" a baby doll. I can count on one hand the number of times we've even talked about HER being able to nurse eventually (or pretend nurse now) so it's neat to see her remember and/or make the connection.
    Andrea, wife to Tim, mama to Lydia, born 5 December '06 (weaned at 28 months, ) Benjamin Luke born at home 5 days late on 10/10/09

my Blog . . my Play Food

Default Re: I've reached another milestone! :D :D

That's so sweet! I like it that your goal was to have a talking nursling- I swore up and down that I would wean before my kid started to talk, because having a talking kid nursing was weird. What did I know, right? Instead here I am with a 3 year-old nursling who is starting to draw human figures with little dots for eyes, nose, belly button- and nipples!
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*harmony96 View Post
    This milestone isn't measured in months or years or time, but in events. For instance, one of my nursing goals was to make it to the point where I'd have a talking nursling. She talks now, in big sentences (but still doesn't tell me how the milk tastes, lol). And she has a sense of humor. I don't usually wear a bra at home, but if I happen to be wearing one and we get into position to nurse, I'll lift my shirt, and she'll dive right in FIRST and THEN notice that there's a bra in the way, and sit there and laugh at it. She also thinks it's hilarious if I lift my shirt, but "hide" the nipple from her and playfully try to get her to latch onto the bottom of the boob.

But anyway, today another milestone was reached. She brought me her toy horse and wanted me to nurse it. I was in the middle of doing dishes, so I told her that she could. She thought about it briefly, then raised her shirt and put the horse in position. Then she went back into the living room, and came back while "nursing" a baby doll. I can count on one hand the number of times we've even talked about HER being able to nurse eventually (or pretend nurse now) so it's neat to see her remember and/or make the connection.
    I love your story!! Yeah to have reached such a wonderful milestone. I remember when my son was just 2. He would always walk around the house nursing his older sisters dolls. It wasn't until recently (he's almost 4), that he stopped nursing the dolls. Now he brings them over to his little sister who is 15 months and she nurses the dolls while I nurse both of them together. It is amazing lesson of love taught just by mirroring us.

I hope you see the talking toddler nursing days. It sure sounds like you are heading there.
    Alene
    LLL Leader

That is a great milestone! It is such a proud moment to see your nursling make that connection and want to nurture her own "little ones."
    mommal-nipples?

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

What a wondereful story thank you for sharing
    Allie
    Wife to T
    Mother to 4 crazy ones

LOVE the story!!!
    Mommy to Liam born 10/13/2008
    Breastfeeding since Day 1

Breastfed ds for 15 months and cherished every minute of it!!

We love and

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*mollyb View Post
    mommal-nipples?
    Yep, nipples. "Mommy, I draw a baby." (Shows me a circle covered with dots and lines.) "Here da eyes. Here da smile. Here da belly button. And dese da pupples!"
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"