Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nursing and going back to work

Default Re: Nursing and going back to work

we are still nursing at 10 months and I went back to work at 3 months. you have already go the two tips I would have given - hands free set up and not needing to clean your parts after every session.

I'm not gonna lie it is not easy - but coming home and seeing your lo does make it worth it. The hardest thing for me was the thing that gets talked about least. The change in your relationship with your friends at work. You are pumping when they wanna go for coffee. You are pumping when they wanna grab a sandwich with you. You don't feel like you can stop and chat because you took 20mins to pump and you only had a 15min break to do it in. Again, it is worth it - but I wasn't prepared for how difficult it would be. I had some friends (female obviously) who were willing to have lunch together while I pumped but I didn't feel comfortable doing that. Looking back I wish I had. I don't think everyone has this issue, but I am certainly not the only one on this board that has had it.

All that being said, it is more than worth it and I would do it again in a heartbeat. There is nothing like the feeling you get from holding your nursing baby. You can and will do it.
    proud but exhausted working mammy to two high needs babies

• my surprise baby: the one and only D-Man born 3 weeks late (5/5/08) at 9 lbs 14 oz and 21.5 inches, and
    • the shock H-Girl born about a week late (10/7/09) at 8lbs 15oz and 20.75 inches.

If I am here I am covered in baby (probably two) and fighting for control of the keyboard.

Family beds are awesome

Wondering if you have PPD? Take the screening and see your doctor. You deserve to feel better.

Default Re: Nursing and going back to work

I am in the same boat as the pp. My LO is 10 months, and I went back to work when she was 3 months old. My goal is one year. It has had it's rough times...I can't imagine having twins and doing this, but I know you can do it. You just have to be really dedicated to doing whatever you have to, to keep up with it all. I used to pump 3x a day, and now am at 2x a day.

Being able to nurse my LO when I get home is so rewarding, that it makes it all worth it in the end!

Congratulations, and keep up the great work mama!
    for 1 year ! We are fully weaned... . We kicked deadbeat dad to curb and rocking 2010 on our own! It is what it is!

May 16, 2008