Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: pre-natal vitamins a year later?

Default pre-natal vitamins a year later?

So my pediatrician says as long as I'm nursing, I should continue taking my pre-natal vitamins. Well my insurance company doesn't cover them, and I'm wondering at this point, does it really matter? I could just get a generic brand of OTC women's vitamins, right? Is anyone still taking their pre-natal vitamins? I only want what's best for my little one, so if pre-natals are best, of course, I'll keep shelling out the cash!

Default Re: pre-natal vitamins a year later?

you can buy generic otc prenatal vitamins as well
    ~Jenn~

mother of 2 boys!
    08/14/98~~03/20/08

Birth: 7lbs 12oz, 1 year: 22lbs 11oz
    until he self-weaned 4 days before his third birthday ... still on occasion ... and happily

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
    People need to understand that when they're deciding between breastmilk and formula, they're not deciding between Coke and Pepsi.... They're choosing between a live, pure substance and a dead substance made with the cheapest oils available. ~Chele Marmet

You can get OTC, generic prenatals in the supermarket, and they don't cost any more than OTC women's vitamins. At 1 year, I am sure you could switch to OTC women's vitamins without having to worry, especially if you add in a bit of extra calcium and make sure to eat some iron-rich foods every week.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

I still take prenatals, I just pick up whatever is on sale at the grocery store or drug store when I run out.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Wink Re: pre-natal vitamins a year later?

Thanks all! I'll definitely get some OTC pre-natal vitamins today. Appreciate your responses!