Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: It's happening...

Default It's happening...

It's been two and a half days since DS nursed. He's gone 1.5 days before and then nursed three times in one day, but this is the first time he's gone two whole days without nursing. I think this might be the end...

Default Re: It's happening...

how old is your lo...

My lo also stop nursing on his own. I was a few months pregnant when he did. It was a very bittersweet moment.

how do you feel about it?
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)

I'm 4 months pregnant and very ready to wean. His "nursing" sessions are very short and I don't think he gets much if anything anymore. It's still a bit bittersweet though. He's 26 months old.

Last night I brought him to bed and he nursed briefly in the middle of the night. I wouldn't normally let him do that, but he went to bed with a babysitter last night, and woke up in the middle of the night to tell DH that he wanted him to change his poopy diaper. Turns out there was a "stealth poop" the babysitter hadn't detected (round two after a big one right before we left), that he had slept in, so it was painful to clean off and he really needed comforting.

He again skipped this morning's session (mostly because he slept in after the night's trauma).

I do think I could totally cut the ties at any time now (he's ready), but now that I know he's ready, I'm not so antsy to do it RIGHT NOW. I do want there to be some time before the baby's born though, since I don't want to tandem nurse.

Yea I TOTALLY understand. My lo was taking formula while i was at work and nursing in the evenings like crazy...then he stopped meeting me at the door.....
    Married mama with 4 kiddos...2 girls (11 & 6) and 2 boys (21mo & 3mo)