Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: new here! question..

Default new here! question..

hi i am new here. i have a 5 month old son i am breastfeeding..i have had oversupply from the beginning..my baby has lots of gas and does'nt sleep more then an hour in a row night and day..i am doing block feeding one side every 2 feedings.it seems to be getting better as he gets older and eats more..does anyone know usally how long it takes for os to regulate usually?can os be the reason he is not sleeping properly or is it normal baby behavior at 5 months still?
    Last edited by @llli*logans-mum; March 11th, 2009 at 09:26 AM.

Default Re: new here! question..

bump
    I'm Hillary
    Wife to Gualberto
    Mom to Nolan
    Born at 32 weeks-3lbs/10oz
    11-25-2007
    Our precious early angel

Remember, you are not managing an inconvenience; You are raising a human being ~ Kittie Frantz
    Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth ~ Albert Einstein
    First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ~ Mahatma Gandhi
    Looking for more information about vaccines?

I swear I have an OS and my 4 week old does these exact same things.
    24 year old mother of 3: Olivia 4 years, Hanna 20 mos, Parker 4 weeks. Exclusively BF'ing since day one, returning to work end of May

I just posted on another thread that I had read that os issues tend to regulate itself by 3 months. But I would definitely put a call into a lactation consultant (a good one!) to confirm that. With my 3rd child, I blocked nursed one onside for 2 nursings. With my 4th, I am having to go 12 hours. Every child is different.
    Mom to Sweet Pea (7), Baby Cheeks (5), Snuggle Bug (1), and Little Guy (1 month)