Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Do Not Want To Tandem

Default Re: Do Not Want To Tandem

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*moose View Post
    I thnk I loaned mine to Eme--if she's lurking here and can confirm, maybe she'd pay it forward. If not, I'll try and dig it up.
    thanks Erin.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

I would loan mine too (I have both) but I just loaned them to another pregnant friend last week!

Molly

Loving mama to JP (DS, 1/03 ~ nursed 6 mos), EL (DD1, 9/05 ~ nursed 4 yrs), EJ (DD2, 3/08 ~ nursed 3 yrs 9 mos), and
    JM (DD3, 6/12 ~ currently nursing), all born naturally
    Devoted wife to SAHD P, my hero
    A few of my favorite things that I've discovered on the forum: co-sleeping, baby-wearing, tandem nursing, baby-led solids, cloth diapering, APing, selective vaccination...the list goes on

No worries, either I get Erin's or I search our local library.

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Tiff, I've been explaining to Joshua this (every single day) "babies are born without any teeth in their mouth, all they drink is mommies milkies. You have lots of teeth, and you can eat all kinds of big boy foods that baby can't eat." He still snuggles with his milkies, and asks to nurse maybe once a day for a few seconds. While he is snuggling he says "baby no teeth, Joshua teeth" so I know it is registering.

I agree with you...I really don't want to tandem. I was talking with my midwife about it, and she actually brought up alot of good points to tandem nursing (not what I wanted to hear, but)...she agreed to set limits from the start. She said that it made her older one feel as if they were still just as important, and therefore there were far less jealousy issues, helped with engorgement, and here is the best one...she lost a TON of weight

However, I am still hoping by that point he will be fully weaned. You have a good shot seeing it is has been 3 months so far! It's not like you are suddenly cutting her off. Just keep on explaining why baby needs the milk just like she did when she was a tiny baby. Make her feel proud about being a big girl now with all those nice teeth, and talk to her about all her favorite foods that she gets to enjoy...that baby can't have.

Keep us posted on how it goes!!!

Kathryn,
    Mama to my sweet blueberry eyed boy Joshua
    born on 11/2/2006

and my blueberry eyed baby Jonah Henry...my water birth baby!
    born on 6/15/09

MOBY WRAPS ROCK