Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Do Not Want To Tandem

Default Do Not Want To Tandem

As many of you know, K's been weaned for about three months. She has not asked to nurse in about a month. I was really leaving it open as to whether or not I want to allow her to nurse when L comes but I've reached the realization that I have no interest in tandem nursing. I'd really like some distraction options for her should she want to nurse again, that's inclusive. I don't want her to feel completely displaced. Any ideas?

Mama to my little Diva: Miss K (7/15/06)
    And her little sister: Lulu Pie (3/21/09)

"Don't toush da mango"
    One-handed typer Extraordinaire!
    My body creates, houses, nurtures and nourishes life. That is awesome.
    Kegel Kop says: TIGHTEN UP!

Default Re: Do Not Want To Tandem

How about this: get K her own special baby. I have fond memories of nursing my baby doll (from my belly button ) while my mom was nursing my brother.
    Coolest thing my big girl said recently: "How can you tell the world is moving when you are standing on it?"
    Coolest thing my little girl sang recently: "I love dat one-two pupples!"

If it were me, I would let her if she asked, because that might be the only reason she's asking, just to see if you'll say yes or no. Daniel asked a few times after L was born, but wasn't really interested. I think he was just figuring out his place and Lucy's place in our family. Perhaps he wanted to be sure he wasn't replaced. I don't know. If you are concerned it will be a full time thing again, then you can set limits, like, just at bedtime or something. But knowing how similar Kaia is to Daniel......I'm placing my bets she doesn't pick it up full time again.

And on that note...Lucy just peed ALL over me, so I have to run.
    Lyn
    Nursing the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Mama to Daniel (12/3/06) and Lucy Jane (8/28/08)

when james brings it up we just talk about "booby milk"being for babies like KA. there are times when he will act like he is going to try and nurse, but he just gets close and laughs. i don't think he even remembers how to do it.
    Lisa
    Married to my Sugar Daddy
    Mom to Matt (5/14/97)
    James (11/8/06)
    Kelly Anne (3/14/08)
    Paul (3/11/10)

Lyn, judging from the love and attention she gives to them now, there is no way that she will 'just want to see' if I would say yes. And I really don't want to have to nurse down two at bedtime.

She has her babies, so that's a good idea to have her 'nurse' them as well.

Lisa - thanks. We will talk about it too, but I'm hesitant to say this is for babies. I'll have to come up with something.

"Don't toush da mango"

Maybe a special box of toys/books that K could have only while you're nursing L? Really neat stuff that will grab her attention and hold her interest? I don't know what floats K's boat, but maybe something like that would help. .
    Jess

Mama to my little Roxie Roo, 06/11/08

April miles for TBTTW: 63

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*danlynclark View Post
    If it were me, I would let her if she asked, because that might be the only reason she's asking, just to see if you'll say yes or no. Daniel asked a few times after L was born, but wasn't really interested. I think he was just figuring out his place and Lucy's place in our family. Perhaps he wanted to be sure he wasn't replaced. I don't know. If you are concerned it will be a full time thing again, then you can set limits, like, just at bedtime or something.
    Colton asked to nurse several times, actually did so, and that was it. He just wanted to see what I would say.

And it was weird nursing this great big boy
    Susan
    Mama to my all-natural boys: Ian, 9-4-04, 11.5 lbs; Colton, 11-7-06, 9 lbs, in the water; Logan, 12-8-08, 9 lbs; Gavin, 1-18-11, 9 lbs; and an angel 1-15-06
    18+ months and for Gavin, born with an incomplete cleft lip and incomplete posterior cleft palate
    Sealed for time and eternity, 7-7-93
    Always babywearing, cosleeping and cloth diapering. Living with oppositional defiant disorder and ADHD. Ask me about cloth diapering and sewing your own diapers!

My mom said she had special books & toys for my sis & bro that only came out when she was nursing me and she also read to them.

Apparently my siblings were bummed when I weaned cause they missed that special time.
    Lynn
    DS1: bf 7/2006 -> 4/2009; multiple food allergies
    DS2: bf 9/2009 -> ???
    ; multiple food allergies
    Breastmilk Donor - http://hmbana.org/index/donatemilk
    Click HERE to learn about baby led solids (BLS) / baby led weaning (BLW)

Distractions? If she were to ask while you were nursing, could you try something like, " How baout in a minute? Lets read a bookd right now!" And see how that works. If you buy into it she will too - if she doesn't pick up you're trying to put her off...

???
    Click here to find an LLL leader near you...or call 1 877 4 LA LECHE for help now.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Ban the bags. ......... Watch your language. ....... Help keep Dr Newman's clinic open!

We demand that our childcare providers are CPR certified... why don't we demand the same of ourselves! Get certified!

I lost 22 lbs in 8 months... with a bit of determination and common sense information from this book.

forum lost my post and preggo brain lost my thought.

"Don't toush da mango"