Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mastitis

Default Re: Mastitis

Lisa i hope you feel bette v. soon.
    Mom to Wayne since 02.24.2007
    AND
    Keeran 07.19.2010

My kids are my life!

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them - Desmond Tutu

Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png

Well I'm down on vaca in Florida and my mastitis has come back w/ a vengeance in the exact same spot. I talked to my OB and she wants me to come in as soon as I get home, and put me on more ABX for now. She said I will probably have to do a round of something stronger.

Anyone else get this 2 times in a row?

I'm positive that I don't have any plugged ducts but got this through a milk blister that I popped several months ago. I think that I got some bacteria in there when it was healing. Bleh.
    Lisa

Mommy to
    Logan 5-23-07
    Colby 12-14-09

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*green.momma View Post
    Well I'm down on vaca in Florida and my mastitis has come back w/ a vengeance in the exact same spot. I talked to my OB and she wants me to come in as soon as I get home, and put me on more ABX for now. She said I will probably have to do a round of something stronger.

Anyone else get this 2 times in a row?

I'm positive that I don't have any plugged ducts but got this through a milk blister that I popped several months ago. I think that I got some bacteria in there when it was healing. Bleh.
    When my son was a baby I got it twice in a row. It came back with a vengance within a week.

I was fortunate that I had never experienced it in the 2 1/2 years I nursed my older daughter and I have not since I got rid of it with my son. I was deep into becoming a Leader at the time, so my positive husband claimed I got it so bad so I would know what it was like when I was called upon to help nursing Mom's.

It has to be so frustrating for you. The sooner you are treated the better. Hang in there. Cold compresses helps some Mom's, while others find warm helps more.
    Alene
    LLL Leader