Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: HELP - Constipated

Question HELP - Constipated

I don't know if my ds is constipated. He grunts and seems to be pushing pretty hard while he is pooping, but is not crying. When he poops its pastie (sp?) and only a little bit comes out. I don't know if he is constipated to add I am a first time mother. He is 10 mo and eating solids. Please help out as to what I should do and if that is constipation.

Thanks all! Your comments are appreciated.

Default Re: HELP - Constipated

Janet,

When I first began feeding my son solids he experienced a little constipation. To get him through this I found that giving him pear juice helped things along. Eventually his body adjusted to the new food and everything goes along just fine now :-) I also think I began giving him way too much food at first. I should have done things a little more gradual. You live and learn with your first... that's what I'm finding out :-) Hope this helps

Heather

It doesn't sound like constiaption to me, so long as the poop is not hard or dry. How long has this been going on, though? Has he had a large poop lately? How has his diet changed recently? Is he still making enough wet diapers?

Lately I've noticed only a little comes out and that has been going on for a week. I'd say his last large poop was about a week ago and today's seemed pretty big compared to the recent ones. His diet hasn't changed much and has plenty of wet diapers.

Thanks all!