Happy Mothers Breastfed Babies

Thread: at work, pumped: no milk from one?

Default at work, pumped: no milk from one?

Okay ladies....this has never happened to me.
    I'm at work...been back since Jan. I pump regularly while at work for LO at home....today my first session yeilded NO MILK from one breast - this has never happened before. ??? any ideas?
    everything feels fine, no engorgement, no pian (I have had mastitis before so I know pain!)

I am getting ready to go for my second session....hopefully I will do better.

any ideas as to why today I have an empty side?
    Sha Nay Nay
    MOOOO
    = working mom

Default Re: at work, pumped: no milk from one?

UPDATE: I had two more pumping sessions and I did get milk from each session and each breast - not as much as expected after none the first time around this am but at least it is coming now....not sure why that happened if anyone has had similar I would love to hear about it or if you know why it happens...

Thanks!
    Sha Nay Nay
    MOOOO
    = working mom

the only time something like that ever happened to me was when a seal wasn't tight somewhere along the way, either the Breastsheild to boob, the membrane to valve, the pump tube to horn, kwim?
    Autumn
    Moma to *Silas* 10-30-07

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    the only time something like that ever happened to me was when a seal wasn't tight somewhere along the way, either the Breastsheild to boob, the membrane to valve, the pump tube to horn, kwim?
    it also happened when I hadn't pumped in a while b/c of pump weaning and my nipple wasn't positioned correctly around the horn
    Mommy to Maxwell 10-9-07 weaned with love (a party and a remote control monster truck) on his 4th birthday
    My Boy 3-16-10
    And my sweet pea Sam 2-12-11

Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by @llli*lidarln View Post
    I had a membrane that wasn't in just right. I only realized what was up when it was the other boob which was "empty" the next time I went to pump.
    Imma to AA, born at home 11/12/07 , juggling , working, APing , cloth diapering , - and . I'm done - yay!

http://bf.lilypie.com/KmpEm6.png